Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Landing on a Case - Like everyone says .... works flawlessly

skydioconvert

Reaction score

Absolutely love how it confirms that its locked on the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: skcolb
Just to add to this, sadly the target case must be 100% stationary it will not work if you are drifting :(
So careful when boating.
EDIT
Sean Ozz just reported that for him slight drifting when landing works, so perhaps in my case the current was too fast.

Last edited:
I mean it’s cool, but not really that big of a deal feature that everyone is making it out to be. Hell, the Hubsan Zino does this.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
I mean it’s cool, but not really that big of a deal feature that everyone is making it out to be. Hell, the Hubsan Zino does this.
For me it is a nice plus....if the area near the bulls eye is sloping and I can find a nice flat spot to place the case the confirmed landing point feature just makes a "Murphy" that much less possible.

Just got my SD2 last week, five flights in so far. I've done a case landing on I think four of those flights, but only twice did I get a yellow target ring on the case. The other three times (the one off-case landing I had I first tried to do a case landing) it would not lock onto the case. In one case despite not giving me the yellow target circle, it did still land on the case. But I had no way of knowing it was correctly targeting it; I just watched it carefully and hoped it was on target and if not I could stop it in time. One time I thought maybe it saw it but it didn't and started to try to land right next to it. The other times I just nudged it on target as it landed.

Is this yellow target ring reliably showing for everyone else?

I see it when I land on the case. Sometimes you have to bring the drone low and close to the case. Mine picks it up every time.

The times it did not find it, I had tried everything. Everything between low and close to 30' up. No dice.

Also, when the yellow target circle does work, I wish it would show prior to pressing the land command if I'm hovering right over it for a long period. Being that I never know if it's going to work, when I give it the land command I have to be ready to cancel as it quickly descends if it appears it's not going to hit the target.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup