Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Major problem with Skydio 2 and Android SOLVED!!!

KenB

Reaction score
This may not help many, but if it helps even 1 person it's worth posting. My nightmare is finally over! Let me give you a quick recap.

Was waiting on my invite to buy the Skydio 2 forever. Got impatient and bought one on ebay
It was in great shape and worked great! I crashed it into a wire the first day but it was fine.
At some point the tracking stopped working. In the app the buttons would appear on the targets but you couldn't click on them Everything else worked 100% fine
I contacted Skydio after a lot of troubleshooting on my own
They couldn't figure it out so I sent it in
They responded that I damaged the drone and that was why
During this process I got my invite to buy the original Skydio 2 I had reserved so I bought it
When the new one arrived, it was doing the same thing as my 'damaged' one
At this point I got pretty upset. Skydio wanted to charge me to fix a drone that may not have been broken
I contact them to tell them what is going on.
I tried both drones with 2 different Android phones and neither would track
After a lot of back and forth, Skydio couldn't figure it out
I tried it with an iPhone and it worked. So my original point to Skydio was right. It was an issue with the android app but others weren't having it. Just me and my wife

FIXED!!!!!
I had accessibility options turned on in Android that allows you to triple tap the screen and it zoom in. It's very helpful to get that extra zoom at times when someone sends a picture etc. I forgot I had this turned on on both phones I tried. I turned it off and now it works perfectly. I alerted Skydio and I assume they will fix this but if anyone is having this issue, you now know why

This may not help many, but if it helps even 1 person it's worth posting. My nightmare is finally over! Let me give you a quick recap.

Was waiting on my invite to buy the Skydio 2 forever. Got impatient and bought one on ebay
It was in great shape and worked great! I crashed it into a wire the first day but it was fine.
At some point the tracking stopped working. In the app the buttons would appear on the targets but you couldn't click on them Everything else worked 100% fine
During this process I got my invite to buy the original Skydio 2 I had reserved so I bought it
At this point I got pretty upset. Skydio wanted to charge me to fix a drone that may not have been broken
I tried it with an iPhone and it worked. So my original point to Skydio was right. It was an issue with the android app but others weren't having it. Just me and my wife

FIXED!!!!!
I had accessibility options turned on in Android that allows you to triple tap the screen and it zoom in. It's very helpful to get that extra zoom at times when someone sends a picture etc. I forgot I had this turned on on both phones I tried. I turned it off and now it works perfectly. I alerted Skydio and I assume they will fix this but if anyone is having this issue, you now know why
Nice find.... going to make sure my android phone triple tap feature is turned off when I fly.

FIXED!!!!!
Wow, ebay. That must have been pricey. I looked at it a time or 2 while I was waiting. I even saw someone selling their place in line for $500.

Wow, ebay. That must have been pricey. I looked at it a time or 2 while I was waiting. I even saw someone selling their place in line for $500.
Yes it was! But now I have two and can probably sell one to recoup those costs. Either way it was worth it. It works so well for my intended use

While you're on the topic of Android OS systems. There is another feature to be careful about. That is your "Power Mode". If your phone is set to conserve power and you're running low on battery, it could cause a problem with the Skydio app when the phone starts blocking certain apps to save power.

Reactions: skydioconvert
Thanks for posting! I have exactly the same issue. I can't select the Subject Indicator in the Android app. Started straight away for my when I did the learn to fly skill.

I didn't have the zoom triple tap activated but I use Magnification Shortcut "swiping up with two fingers". I just deactivated this shortcut and the problem is solved. Thanks so much for your help. ?
Skydio were unable to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: skydioconvert
Thanks for posting kbuk....

P.S. Skydio should really begin including all these Android tips in an online FAQ.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup