Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Mapping?

OverTwerked

Reaction score
New to SD. Still exploring it's capabilities. Wanting to use it to do land survey, e.g. for orthomosaic or SfM DEM. Other than DroneDeploy, is there another app that works with Skydio2 enabling survey planning, deployment to SD / or acting as GCS ?

I'm thinking of things similar to Mission Planner Software, or Pix4Dcapture

Reactions: Portolo
New to SD. Still exploring it's capabilities. Wanting to use it to do land survey, e.g. for orthomosaic or SfM DEM. Other than DroneDeploy, is there another app that works with Skydio2 enabling survey planning, deployment to SD / or acting as GCS ?

I'm thinking of things similar to Mission Planner Software, or Pix4Dcapture
Agree re DroneDeploy, the stratospheric price makes it unrealistic for any but well funded corporate users.

Mission Planner would be fantastic, but not aware of any effort to port it over. It's open source, so could certainly be done.

Reactions: OverTwerked
Agree re DroneDeploy, the stratospheric price makes it unrealistic for any but well funded corporate users.

Mission Planner would be fantastic, but not aware of any effort to port it over. It's open source, so could certainly be done.
And even Pix4Dcapture is included with a Pix4Dmapper subscription, so if you happen to have that then the app would be useful to fly missions. Hey - it works great for the Anafi why not Skydio2? ? Even DJI's GSP aint too awful.

It's hard to believe that there's no solutions out there... I'm sure someone more experienced that me knows what works for Skydio2?

And how cool would it be to be able to retain the timeseries of depth maps made by the 6-nav cams?? Anyone know how to get that out of the system? I understand that it's not saved for memory constraints.

Reactions: Portolo
Just saw this post from KittyHawk (though I believe their Air Control platform is only for enterprises and Skydio support is currently in beta):

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaimejcornado