Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Multiple way points?

Flatline

Reaction score
So I have had my Skydio for a week now, about 8 flights. I am very happy with it so far, a few minor things that are annoying.

One question I have is can you set multiple way points. It seems fine to fly to a way point on its map but it doesn't seem to allow more than one. I.e. fly to point a then to point b etc.

Also I have noticed that sometimes it will fly to a point and sit and other times it will fly to a point and the desend... anybody having this happen?

Reactions: JoeydDetroit
There is a "Cable" cinematic skill which lets you mark two way points and fly between them. Unfortunately, this is a fly-to-point A, mark it and then fly-to-point B and mark it type of deal. You can't do it on a map. The good news is that it remembers the orientation of both the aircraft and camera (I believe you can do tracking as well). AFAIK, there is no way to do more than one way point on the map.

Reactions: Flatline
I understand from Skydio that the new Enterprise app has these capabilities and will work with the Skydio 2. Supposed to be released soon. No idea about cost.

Reactions: Flatline
I would prefer learning capability to make drone learn same track/trail/route to make it fly better over a course of several tries. very useful for high-speed sport activities such as motocross or downhill. Imagine it can stick to Strava segment, learn it with several flights following you on various speed and the you record at full speed

I talked to Kathryn DeLillio of Skydio on Friday (12/18/20). She indicated waypoint and POI skills for the S2 were now available in their Enterprise app for an annual cost of $1499. She also suggested DroneDeploy had an S2 waypoint app for $149/month or $99/month billed annually. Looks like DJI will continue to dominate the consumer or retail marketplace.

There are many less expensive drones which have multiple waypoint capability. It is sad that Skydio will not have this feature without paying for really expensive additional software. Makes me want to sell my S2 and look for something else.

It is a bit disappointing. $1500 for things most drones already do. And its annual. So what, it stops working if you don't pay the next year?

I use Drone Deploy at work and like how it does mapping. We're also trying out Pix4D's free app. Does anyone know if there's another app. that does mapping with the S2? Pix4D doesn't support Skydio and DD is a bit expensive for what I need (like one map every few weeks). Thanks

Per a phone call with Kathryn DeLillio, Drone Deploy is the only third-party vendor that develops software for the Skydio S2. There is also no public SDK.

OUCH if above is true.

At some point, the market will be harsh to Skydio if they don't include this basic (waypoint routes) functionality.

Unfortunate because we are impressed with our S2, but lack of waypoint routing and customization at those points is a deal breaker for my organization.

I feel a little bit duped to be honest. When I was talking with Skydio about the multiple waypoint feature, I was originally told by Skydio that this was something in the works. Now, in order to get such a feature, a consumer's only option is to pay for the enterprise software. I can't imagine anyone buying this at that price point, unless it's needed for business.

I understand the company is trying to make additional revenue and I know that this drone was designed first and formost to follow you, but now that this software feature has been created, it would be great if Skydio offered it as part of the standard software for the rest of us. Keeping some of the other 'pro grade' features for the enterprise app is fine but this isn't a 'professional only' skill.

Just to add onto this....I spoke to a customer service rep at Skydio about this feature. Here's what was said:

"Customer feedback is collected from customer interactions through chats like this, emails, and phone calls. The team that manages our social media pages also regularly scans for commonly requested features. I'll pass this feedback on after our chat."

I don't know how many people who own a Skydio drone would want this feature, but if enough people contact them to ask that they include it in a future software update, maybe they'll take notice?

Here's the URL: Submit a request – Skydio

From the drop-down menu, there is a feedback/feature request option.

Last edited:
I asked for an icon that numbers the amount of satellites you are connected to. Every time the drone does something strange or bad the generic response from Skydio is "You did not have good GPS". Well how are we supposed to know if you do not provide that information in the app?

I asked them to make the battery level numbers bigger on the beacon screen, they are pretty small to take a quick glance and discern the value when you're riding something and also trying to navigate a trail, who wants to stop to do that.

I asked for an icon that numbers the amount of satellites you are connected to. Every time the drone does something strange or bad the generic response from Skydio is "You did not have good GPS". Well how are we supposed to know if you do not provide that information in the app?
Maybe a better idea would be use a green/yellow/red indicator light for the number of GPS satellite connections.... would make it much easier for a biker etc to get an easy to see GPS status status.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup