Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

My other drone is a ... ?

autopiloteer

Reaction score
I'm soon going to have my Part 107 certificate and hopefully be flying for hire within a few weeks. My plan is to start with my S2+ as that's what I have but I figure one of the first things I should procure is a 2nd drone. I'm thinking it would be good for it to be something different but with similar capabilities, as opposed to just another Skydio. That said, I'm still not 100% sure of the niche I'll eventually occupy so maybe something with that is more complementary to the Skydio in some way.

Anyway I can obviously look at specs and reviews of different drones but I'm curious if people on here have both a Skydio and one or more other drones and if so how you tend to use one versus the other and why.

I'm soon going to have my Part 107 certificate and hopefully be flying for hire within a few weeks. My plan is to start with my S2+ as that's what I have but I figure one of the first things I should procure is a 2nd drone. I'm thinking it would be good for it to be something different but with similar capabilities, as opposed to just another Skydio. That said, I'm still not 100% sure of the niche I'll eventually occupy so maybe something with that is more complementary to the Skydio in some way.

Anyway I can obviously look at specs and reviews of different drones but I'm curious if people on here have both a Skydio and one or more other drones and if so how you tend to use one versus the other and why.
have a bunch of drones but in particular, the autel evo 2 pro and the dji mavic 3. 90% of my drone flying is done with 2 or 3 drones.

Reactions: autopiloteer

Congratulations with soon to earn part 107, definitely something to be proud of.

Although Skydio 2 is a terrific drone, for equipment probably more geared with part 107 I would look at getting another drone. Skydio has its place, Smooth maneuverability with a controller is not one of them.

I currently have, and use is the Evo 2 Pro. Have a Mavic 2 Pro, but stopped using it after getting the Evo 2. Have other drones, but really not worth mentioning. Skydio 2 + is more for fun, tracking etc. Many good professorial drones out there, you’ll eventually find one to add along side the Skydio.

Making time and taking the opportunity of getting your part 107, I think that’s great.

Congrats again,
Paul

Reactions: autopiloteer
Do want to add, mainly used to use my high end drones for research. Rocky Mountains, areas rich with history. Searching for Native American villages, with permission from land owners have located several villages.

That’s all behind me now, recently retired and last month started full time as a care provider for an elderly parent. When I do fly, it’s from my back yard have a nice open field behind my home. Mainly, now it’s just for a few minutes if I’m lucky. I do enjoy working with electronics, so that keeps me busy as well when I get caught up taking care of my mom.

Good luck, enjoy the hobby and keep us posted with your part 107.

Paul

Congratulations.

I will give myself a new drone as a gift to celebrate getting the Part 107 certification, too.

I would recommend considering powerful/heavy drones which are in a different drone category than Skydio 2+.

Some candidates worth considering are the DJI Mavic 3, DJI Inspire 2 or DJI M30.

You can find more candidates in other sub-forums of ****Pilots.

Over here, my Mavic Pro Zoom 2 does most of the heavy lifting! My other Drones have their specific purposes, my original Mavic Pro does my long distance flying, my Mavic Mini is my vacation drone and I wear around my neck like a necklace and my Skydio 2 does the following videos for people who are skating, biking or skiing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup