Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New Skydio owner in Florida

Anna's Dad

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to Skydio and looking forward to my first flight this weekend (time and weather permitting)! I actually haven't flown any drones in quite a while. I started out with a couple of Parrot mini drones (one that flew and one that rolled) years ago. I enjoyed them mightily despite their very limited range and battery. I then went to a Parrot Bebop which was a train wreck. It couldn't hold a connection and just flew away randomly or dropped from the sky like a lead balloon. I only flew it a few times because it was just too nerve-racking! I think I still have it somewhere :) .

I attended CES in January and learned a little about Skydio and some others. I did substantial online research on all available consumer drones and was particularly interested in DJI, Skydio, and Autel. All had some level of autonomy and crash avoidance (still scarred by the Bebop :)) but the DJI Air 2S, DJI Mavic 3 and Skydio 2+ seemed to stand out. Not to get overly political, but I decided against DJI, despite some fairly impressive specs, because of human rights, data collection, and geofencing concerns. Based on that I purchased the Skydio 2+ with the Pro kit and am excited to get going with it soon.

I'm interested in FPV and maybe pursuing a Part 107 down the line but want to spend some time having fun with the 2+ first.

Best wishes,
Eric

Welcome to the forum 👍👍

Reactions: Anna's Dad
Hi all, I'm new to Skydio and looking forward to my first flight this weekend (time and weather permitting)! I actually haven't flown any drones in quite a while. I started out with a couple of Parrot mini drones (one that flew and one that rolled) years ago. I enjoyed them mightily despite their very limited range and battery. I then went to a Parrot Bebop which was a train wreck. It couldn't hold a connection and just flew away randomly or dropped from the sky like a lead balloon. I only flew it a few times because it was just too nerve-racking! I think I still have it somewhere :) .

I attended CES in January and learned a little about Skydio and some others. I did substantial online research on all available consumer drones and was particularly interested in DJI, Skydio, and Autel. All had some level of autonomy and crash avoidance (still scarred by the Bebop :)) but the DJI Air 2S, DJI Mavic 3 and Skydio 2+ seemed to stand out. Not to get overly political, but I decided against DJI, despite some fairly impressive specs, because of human rights, data collection, and geofencing concerns. Based on that I purchased the Skydio 2+ with the Pro kit and am excited to get going with it soon.

I'm interested in FPV and maybe pursuing a Part 107 down the line but want to spend some time having fun with the 2+ first.

Best wishes,
Eric

Hi from Ocala, Florida!

Best wishes,
Eric
Welcome. I am a rookie drone owner. First was a bebop. I wasn’t overly impressed. Considering the price I was satisfied. Never had a fly away. The death came when at 80 ft high the battery fell out. A little super glue and it still flys. Too bad the app doesn’t work with new phones.

Skydio has been trouble free after getting it setup.

Enjoy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup