Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New update 2/10/2021?

Ray Mara

Reaction score
I just turned on my Skydio and my iPhone and it said download new update...
Has anyone looked into this and can tell us what it's about?
Thanks!

Release notes say bug fixes and improved flight performance. Not very specific. I'm a new Skydio 2 owner. After the update I had to reformat my SD card. Thought that was odd.

Unless they turn off the update for some reason we're all going to get it, I'm going to turn it on now and get the "shot" haha, I had one pop up one time when I turned the drone on getting ready to fly, it's a real PITA when that happens.

I flew yesterday. Didn't really see any differences in performance. Didn't see any issues either.

Just installed the new update on the SD2 and now it’s telling me microphone required and takes me to settings and nothing. I’ve checked all the selling and can’t figure it out. On iPhone 12

Just installed the new update on the SD2 and now it’s telling me microphone required and takes me to settings and nothing. I’ve checked all the selling and can’t figure it out. On iPhone 12
I have an iPhone 12 and everything is fine. Go to your iPhone settings, scroll down to Skydio 2 app, and make sure microphone is turned on. That should fix it.

Reactions: Rjpuff
Had to delete the app and reinstall it. It’s a known issue with skydio and this update.

As I'm a bit of a Type-A Techie I like to have more information than "bug fixes." In speaking with Skydio Customer Support a few weeks ago & talking about adding a muti-waypoint feature (cable-cam with more than just two points) I was lead to believe that they are planning a variety of features. Perhaps the newest update is laying the groundwork for the app? Regardless, knowingly flying without having installed the latest software update can be a reason Skydio may deny warranty coverage in a crash so.......

Will it leven let you fly w/o updating? I've never been about to.

I guess it depends on if you have a cell signal, the time that it did it to me I had one, as soon as the app opened up on the phone it started its update, didn't give me a choice. That was 2 or 3 updates ago, may be different now but there was no bypassing it. Lesson learned; turn it on at home before heading out.

2/27/2021...I flew a bit with this update and then tried to charge the used battery. It won't!
I tried switching batteries; tried again overnight, and it still did not. What's up, Skydio??? I've also been waiting for the dual cahrger with the wall plug to be in stock so I can order the darn thing.
Update 2/28/2021 - I just deleted the app and re-installed...STILL DOES NOT CHARGE!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluebird2
This is probably anecdotal, but this is the farthest range I've ever seen on a front-facing test, where I'm actually pointing the drone towards me and flying backwards. I was able to achieve 2,200 ft for the first time ever. This is what the controller mod and the two long black antennas.

This is probably anecdotal, but this is the farthest range I've ever seen on a front-facing test, where I'm actually pointing the drone towards me and flying backwards. I was able to achieve 2,200 ft for the first time ever. This is what the controller mod and the two long black antennas.
That's pretty amazing. Can you describe your setup or link to it?

That's pretty amazing. Can you describe your setup or link to it?
Well the next day I only got 1,000ft, so I think it was just the perfect environment. If you search the forums here, you'll see the Anafi controller mod. It's not worth the effort, IMHO.

Reactions: kgilbertsen
Well the next day I only got 1,000ft, so I think it was just the perfect environment. If you search the forums here, you'll see the Anafi controller mod. It's not worth the effort, IMHO.
Thanks, found the posts and agree that it's not worth the $ and effort for what I'll be doing with the drone either.

The advertised range is absolutely criminal, eh?
I haven't flown enough or tried to send the drone anywhere near as far as it's advertised range. But from what I've seen others say it sure doesn't seem to have the ability to cover the kilometers claimed.
I knew that before I bought, as I read and watched what I could about the drone. It's not an issue for me based on how I'm going to be using it. That said, if there was ever a simple mod to increase it's range I'd consider it. But it sounds like the antenna on the Skydio is the limiting factor itself, correct?

Two widely different ranges with no other differences in the flights except for the environment???

What do you mean by "environment"?? .... weather?? .... location?? ... altitude?? ....??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup