Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Newbie Question Issues

KY_Tom

Reaction score
Hi – I’m a new newbie and an oldie (mid-70’s) and the Skydio is my first/only drone. I purchased the cinematic bundle which I have only had less than a month but have done a number of short flights to gain some skill and familiarity. A couple of things I am noticing are the media files on the drone have inaccurate dates, i.e. should be 5:25 PM 4/27/2021 but show up on the media card as 3:43 AM 2/18/1975. This is the media card shipped with the drone by Skydio and it has been formatted in the drone several times. I also reset the drone to factory defaults and reformatted with no change.

The second issue involves flying with the controller. If I try to launch the drone via the Launch/Land Button on the controller, the props spin up and the LEDS immediately go yellow and the drone shuts down and a new flight is recorded. Launching the drone via the phone screen button works fine. When I reset the drone to factory defaults, I had to re-connect the controller the drone and that made no difference.

Neither of these problems is a showstopper if this is normal behavior. However, if this is limited to my drone I will need to get a support ticket opened.

Thanks in advance..

It sounds like your drone is not getting solid GPS data. Do you by chance have those services disabled on your phone?

It sounds like your drone is not getting solid GPS data. Do you by chance have those services disabled on your phone?
GPS/Location Services are enabled on my phone (Galaxy S9). Only once at the beginning of a flight was I given a GPS warning and altitude was limited, but within 30 secs the warning went away and I had full altitude. I will keep an eye on this for future flights. I have been flying in a suburban metro area without obstacles where GPS reception should be good. I am assuming from your reply that you are not having these issues. Thank for the advice.

I am assuming from your reply that you are not having these issues.
Correct, I have not come across this issue yet. I guess worst-case scenario, you could look into factory-resetting the drone, but here's my theory:

Since the drone needs GPS to know what time it is, and it did not have solid signal when taking off, it would have most likely started the auto-record (default behavior,) with bad/missing time/date/GPS info.

I would suggest when you are dealing with this scenario, try toggling the recording on and off, and see what happens. I'd bet you have the initial incorrect file, then a new one following, with proper.

Good programming would allow for the files to be updated once GPS lock occurs...and this may be somewhere in there. I've not played too much in non-GPS areas. When I did, it was rather unpleasant, (think mountainous ravines, where it's **** near impossible to fly out to get GPS and come back. The height floor thing really annoys me in my off-grid exploration, but the poor antenna design keeps me from wanting to bring it on those trips anyhow.

-Thanks for the info which makes sense. I will try to test this over the next few days to see if a slow GPS lock by the drone is causing my problem. I have already factory reset the drone with no change, so that did not help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup