Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Pairing more than one phone

Trailryder42

Reaction score
When I was deciding what phone to use with the app/drone, it was between an iPhone 11 max and my everyday Galaxy S10E. I set it up on the iPhone.

But I got the app for both, thinking of using one as a backup device in case I had problems with the other out in the field. I'm guessing you can't have 2 different phones, with 2 different OS's, paired with the drone at once. And that if I were to switch phones, as you pair the new phone with the drone, it would overwrite the software and programming on the drone.

Then you'd have to also re-pair and update all accessories too. All this sound right?

I have 3 phones and a tablet that I use to fly the Skydio. Switching between them is seamless, no updating required unless one of the phones does not have the latest app version. Then only that device will need updating which takes just a minute.
All settings are saved on the drone so when you use a different phone, it reads these settings from the drone. The phone does not overwrite firmware on the drone when you switch.

Reactions: mswlogo
I have 3 phones and a tablet that I use to fly the Skydio. Switching between them is seamless, no updating required unless one of the phones does not have the latest app version. Then only that device will need updating which takes just a minute.
All settings are saved on the drone so when you use a different phone, it reads these settings from the drone. The phone does not overwrite firmware on the drone when you switch.
Thanks. I was just thinking there might be something different between the Apple and Android apps and how their different architectures work with the drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup