Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

POWERS joins SkyDio

Reaction score
Website
www.kapture3designs.com
My fellow pilots who have seen the light,

After 10 years of flying, the X2 Is the most impressive UAS I’ve flown. We bought one at NV5 where I’m a pilot and LIDAR VUX-ONE operator, and I was sent on a 1600-mile trip that was 125+ flights just days after the X2 came out. Check out the post SkyDio put up quoting me on LinkedIn.

So I purchased a 2+ for myself, and sold all my DJI equipment. I have access to 6 M300’s with P1/H20T combo and 5 M600 to carry the RIEGL VUX and log an average of four flight hours a day..

Please reach out to me as I have a decade of experience, and am now flying the X2 and 2+ On a daily basis as well as providing SkyDio feedback daily. I’m always happy to share with anyone interested!

Cheers,
Powers

Attachments

• 0E42183A-6DB1-4D51-9023-5BD4AD28CC7E.jpeg
    0E42183A-6DB1-4D51-9023-5BD4AD28CC7E.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 14

After 10 years of flying, the X2 Is the most impressive UAS I’ve flown. We bought one at NV5 where I’m a pilot and LIDAR VUX-ONE operator, and I was sent on a 1600-mile trip that was 125+ flights just days after the X2 came out. Check out the post SkyDio put up quoting me on LinkedIn.

So I purchased a 2+ for myself, and sold all my DJI equipment. I have access to 6 M300’s with P1/H20T combo and 5 M600 to carry the RIEGL VUX and log an average of four flight hours a day..

Please reach out to me as I have a decade of experience, and am now flying the X2 and 2+ On a daily basis as well as providing SkyDio feedback daily. I’m always happy to share with anyone interested!

Cheers,
Powers
Welcome to the forum!

I would be interested in a comparison of the flight characteristics between the X2 and the S2. I know that the X2 can fly at night etc but am more interested in how the two compare as to range, precision with controller, how they react to obstacles etc.

Could you use the X2 in situations that are commonly posted here - tracking motocross - off road type vehicles?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Welcome to the forum!

I would be interested in a comparison of the flight characteristics between the X2 and the S2. I know that the X2 can fly at night etc but am more interested in how the two compare as to range, precision with controller, how they react to obstacles etc.

Could you use the X2 in situations that are commonly posted here - tracking motocross - off road type vehicles?
I flew it once at a demo about a year ago

I vaguely recall the guys from Skydio saying it doesn't work with the Beacon and the enterprise software is a much different use case than subject tracking

You can reduce the 'bubble' but it has to fly slower, can visually navigate in GPS denied environments i.e. under steelwork - scarily close to obstacles

The controller is a beast, as is the drone not something you could stuff in a backpack. Very industrial, surprisingly quiet with the tri blade props and not quite as nimble as the smaller S2

Didn't do a range test, but obviously didn't get connection issues at ~800m like the S2 does

The company I work just bought a drone company that has their own 3d mapping use cases that complements Skydio well and they are pushing the autonomous aspect for more drone inspection use on major hazard facilities in oil and gas

Looks like OP joined on June 19th and hasn’t returned. I was hoping for some end user perspective on the X2. 🙁

Looks like OP joined on June 19th and hasn’t returned. I was hoping for some end user perspective on the X2. 🙁
Agreed. Some aspects of the X2 sound like a big improvement over the 2/2+. But, we know the X2 is much more expensive & marketed toward government agencies, so the cost keeps many hobbyists away.

Reactions: KAPture3Designs
Agreed. Some aspects of the X2 sound like a big improvement over the 2/2+. But, we know the X2 is much more expensive & marketed toward government agencies, so the cost keeps many hobbyists away.
Sorry about that @NoStopN - Please feel free to e-mail me as I will get back to you quicker. I actually have some great news I'm about to share if you want first dibs. It's a bit of a game-changer!

Sorry about that @NoStopN - Please feel free to e-mail me as I will get back to you quicker. I actually have some great news I'm about to share if you want first dibs. It's a bit of a game-changer!

Cheers,
Powers
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup