Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Private Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Is there a "private messaging" option available on the SkydioPilots forum?

I messaged you that way this morning but full disclosure, the mods and admins can see anything posted within the forum. Trust me.

So to answer your question, there's no truly "private" messaging on any forum that I'm aware of. If anyone ever wants to talk to me off forum, they can "PM" me here and I'll give you my email address.

I messaged you that way this morning but full disclosure, the mods and admins can see anything posted within the forum. Trust me.

So to answer your question, there's no truly "private" messaging on any forum that I'm aware of. If anyone ever wants to talk to me off forum, they can "PM" me here and I'll give you my email address.
Do Not assume that Lon as we cannot see in messages. Please do not make false statements .

Reactions: Blue Bird
Click on the users name you want to message and start the conversation and it only visible to whom you message and can invite more than one if you like. And they are private.
Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.02.05 AM.png

Do Not assume that Lon as we cannot see in messages. Please do not make false statements .

I deleted the post. I was under the impression that the admin could see everything in the forum down to your personal info and passwords. Obviously, if I am mistaken, I happily retract the statement. I've often wanted to message members in private without fear of the mods or admin reading it. Thanks!

I deleted the post. I was under the impression that the admin could see everything in the forum down to your personal info and passwords. Obviously, if I am mistaken, I happily retract the statement. I've often wanted to message members in private without fear of the mods or admin reading it. Thanks!
And I undeleted it and what I said stands .

And I undeleted it and what I said stands .
Kinda explains why the message kept appearing, disappearing, reappearing.......thought I was imagining things.... sorry guys .... couldn't resist :)

Kinda explains why the message kept appearing, disappearing, reappearing.......thought I was imagining things.... sorry guys .... couldn't resist :)

Hahaha!

Seriously though, I'm honestly sorry if I gave you bad info. When I was an admin n another form, I had access to everything. The reasons were obvious at the time, there was concern that bad actors would use the relative anonymity of our forum as a way to communicate and formulate their plots. It's nice to know and have in writing, that the private messages on this forum are completely private and secure from anyone but the persons involved in the conversation.

That's really awesome and unexpected in today's climate! Thanks again, Dirkcloud for correcting me and filling us in. I scoured the terms, rules, and privacy policy for any mention of the private message system and couldn't find any. Going forward, if I have any questions or concerns, I'll be sure to check with you first before running off at the mouth like some idiot!

Last edited:
You wasn’t. (y)

Oh I wanted to point out that in Private Messaging, there's an option to allow other parties into the conversation. I'm not sure if both parties have to okay it, if the originator of the message has control or if either can allow it independently, but it's something to consider. I'm sure one of the mods can answer this easily.

Already did tell him Lon.

Already did tell him Lon.

Right, but can the person you message invite other people in without your prior consent? Let's say I private message someone, can they bring in a couple other people into the conversation? Is that possible, or will the forum seek my consent to to allow extra parties to read my private messages to an individual? Once they are allowed in, either through mutual consent or unilaterally, are they privy to the entirety of the conversation or only new messages going forward? If the second party can add others without my consent, how will I know if others are reading what I presume to be private messages? I did see that you can lock replies to the conversation, so that's nice.

I'm just curious. I've never really thought about it much until he asked. I honestly just believed that the private messages, along with everything else, were accessable to the admins. I don't think it's an unreasonable question... I've given members my address, PayPal, phone number, etc on forums to make purchases, sales or plan meet ups. I normally just use my email but since the Private Messages here are actually private, there's no reason to hesitate to give out almost any info in them.

You mean like I invited the other staff in the messages you sent me . Yes you can or you can lock it so no others can
get in.
But Lon you know all this so why keep on.

You mean like I invited the other staff in the messages you sent me . Yes you can or you can lock it so no others can
get in.
But Lon you know all this so why keep on.

Okay, I really wanted to understand exactly how this all works AND another member actually asked the original question, not me.

The crux of my questions have little to do with you or the other mods, remember, I already assume that you have greater privileges than normal members. I'm more interested in what Normal Members can do.

Can I have a private conversation with someone spanning months and they, without my knowledge or permission, allow someone else access? As I've pointed out, I've provided personal information on private messages for different reasons. As you know, I'm a member of several of these forums as I own or have owned, 3DR, GoPro, Autel, Yuneec, Skydio, several DJI drones and Osmos, Parrot, Tello, etc. What's funny is that I'm not worried about admins or mods, beyond punishment, but rather any private info I may have given out in the past. I've begin revisiting the other, neglected forums to see if there's anything I need to take care of but I've probably had thousands of posts so it's gonna take a minute. I was hoping you'd tell me that regular members can't share your conversations....

Last edited:
Well Lon being this isn’t your thread and believe I gave the op his answer I will tell you if you have missed this at the bottom where you start a message there isn’t nothing I can tell you to understand .
93AEA4B9-113C-4BDB-96BB-3F8DF673EDA3.jpeg
Tell you what. Maybe start a message with me in mavic
and I can explain it better...oh wait. That won’t work will it.
Might be heading that way here if you continue with me.
Let’s not continue with this game Lon you already know
all of this. You have a good nite.

Well Lon being this isn’t your thread and believe I gave the op his answer I will tell you if you have missed this at the bottom where you start a message there isn’t nothing I can tell you to understand .
View attachment 69
Tell you what. Maybe start a message with me in mavic
and I can explain it better...oh wait. That won’t work will it.
Might be heading that way here if you continue with me.
Let’s not continue with this game Lon you already know
all of this. You have a good nite.

Eh it doesn't matter, I've eliminated the messages in the other forums I've sent so I should be good.

Eh it doesn't matter, I've eliminated the messages in the other forums I've sent so I should be good.
You can't do away with them but that don't matter as no one can see them except the ones that are in them.
Can't seem to get that through your head.

• Haha
You can't do away with them but that don't matter as no one can see them except the ones that are in them.
Can't seem to get that through your head.

Ah poop! Well I selected all of the conversations and checked "leave conversations" after I did that, I checked ignore any future messages. I took that to mean that my parts were deleted.

This is what it says afterwards, so I thought that was it...

Ignore future messagesYou will not be notified of any future responses and the conversation will remain deleted.

From my side, all of the conversations are gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup