Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Pro Case Thoughts and Slot Designations

dash

Reaction score
I received the pro case today and it is really nice. Worth the $199?, well that is up to you. For me it was the custom fit and supporting multiple American companies. I have resources to buy a cheap Harbor Freight case and custom laser or cnc cut some foam but my time is worth the $199 price.

Here is a unedited photo of the case populated with items i have: (Drone, Beacon, Controller, Dual Charger, 3 Batteries (case supports 4 leaving 1 on the SD2), stock charge brick and cable), New photo by Nicholas Faust-Doty
You can see everything fits nicely. Great quality and reminds me of a Pelican case. Handle is rubbery and feels nice. It is pretty large but could still be placed in a back pack but don't expect to have much else in your pack.

I populated the case with all the items i have but can't seem to figure out what a couple spots are for. Basically the empty slots i am unsure what would go there. Specifically the big one in the upper right. I think the top center or lower right would hold the extra props. But neither seem to fit them snug like everything else in the case is designed to do. The only items i am aware of that i don't have for the SD2, is the tablet mount and ND filters. Although the case description doesn't say it fits the ND filters. Looking at the photo (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2...2f-aaf9-4fe4efc2d776_832x736.jpg?v=1574462824) on the Skydio site, the tablet mount looks like it would only go in the upper right space. Although the shape doesn't seem to match all that well? No a big deal for me. I mainly wanted to get the photo of it populated out to you all. Also if any one wants more specific thoughts or something let me know.

Yep, I have this case on order as well. The stock case just doesn't cut it and absolutely forgets about the controller!

I got the hard case as well. $199 is a bit steep but as there's no other vendor out there who makes a case for the S2 right now, it's the only option right now.
Size-wise, I don't think it'd ever put this in a backpack and I don't think that that's what it's meant for. At least for my backpacks, I'm always gonna use the case the S2 comes with, which I think protects the drone itself enough. When I travel with a backpack, I'm mostly gonna have the beacon and 1 additional battery in the backpack but outside the case.
I'm mainly gonna use the hard case to protect my S2 in my truck when I'm bouncing around in the desert, so I don't mind the size really.
I agree that the build quality is great and it's a pretty case, too. Almost a pity that mine is gonna get scuffed up on the outside eventually, but well, that's what a case is for.

Do you guys have an idea what the flat slot on the very top, right above the Skydio logo is meant for? Propellers, maybe?
They should really have a photo of the case fully loaded with gear on their website...

I got the hard case as well. $199 is a bit steep but as there's no other vendor out there who makes a case for the S2 right now, it's the only option right now.
Size-wise, I don't think it'd ever put this in a backpack and I don't think that that's what it's meant for. At least for my backpacks, I'm always gonna use the case the S2 comes with, which I think protects the drone itself enough. When I travel with a backpack, I'm mostly gonna have the beacon and 1 additional battery in the backpack but outside the case.
I'm mainly gonna use the hard case to protect my S2 in my truck when I'm bouncing around in the desert, so I don't mind the size really.
I agree that the build quality is great and it's a pretty case, too. Almost a pity that mine is gonna get scuffed up on the outside eventually, but well, that's what a case is for.

Do you guys have an idea what the flat slot on the very top, right above the Skydio logo is meant for? Propellers, maybe?
They should really have a photo of the case fully loaded with gear on their website...
The flat slot is where mine had the SD card and USB card interface. I won’t need to carry those so you can stick the controller cable up there can can use the slot the cables come in for the lens filters.

The flat slot is where mine had the SD card and USB card interface. I won’t need to carry those so you can stick the controller cable up there can can use the slot the cables come in for the lens filters.
Got'cha. I still have other unfilled slots, so I don't have the problem that my cable doesn't fit anywhere except for in that slim slot, but ... good to know! :D

I was thinking the top slot was for a tablet. That is where I put 2 full sets of props though. They fit just not as cleanly as everything else. I put cables in the lower right space as I don't have anything that would go there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup