Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Question: Beacon vs controller GPS tracking

Cool, I would imagine that to be the case with everyone relying on phones as navigation these days
Of course, having to have the phone in Airplane Mode while flying might be a serious problem if the idiotic newly proposed FAA regs start requiring a continuous internet connection for flying...

Of course, having to have the phone in Airplane Mode while flying might be a serious problem if the idiotic newly proposed FAA regs start requiring a continuous internet connection for flying...

True that! Since that only requires cellular... But it's not really our worry since this drone isn't Remote ID compatable.

Lifeisfun: It’s been a while since this thread was posted, and I just wanted to know if you have had any additional experience with this scenario. I am planning a boating outing, accompanied by a friend with a jet ski, and I would like to film some tracking shots of both. Tracking the boat while I’m on it with the controller seems easy enough, but how to track my friend on the jet ski?..........Try to track him with my controller from the boat? Let him track himself with the beacon on the jet ski? Give him the beacon but having me operating the controller from the boat with drone, phone, controller, beacon all linked up at once? Can that even be done? Your or anyone else’s experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lifeisfun: It’s been a while since this thread was posted, and I just wanted to know if you have had any additional experience with this scenario. I am planning a boating outing, accompanied by a friend with a jet ski, and I would like to film some tracking shots of both. Tracking the boat while I’m on it with the controller seems easy enough, but how to track my friend on the jet ski?..........Try to track him with my controller from the boat? Let him track himself with the beacon on the jet ski? Give him the beacon but having me operating the controller from the boat with drone, phone, controller, beacon all linked up at once? Can that even be done? Your or anyone else’s experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!
Beacon would be your best bet unless you are great pilot.

I'm really curious how this turns out. I was thinking of putting beacon in a waterproof phone case around my neck on Jetski last week but chickened out. I'm just nervous about reflection off water and skydio taking a dive. Personally I'd probably pilot with controller if I had a stunt monkey to film. I'd probably in the least set max height first time you try this. Anything low could turn out badly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup