Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

RUNNING OUT BATTERY JUICE

D

Deleted member 947

Approved Vendor
This was a test>> I intentionally let the vehicle hovered until the battery juice ran out on a clear space of ard 10 ft radius, THEN, these "notices" (in screenshot) appeared. Skydio 2 moved around a bit, & really found the most flat area within. Amazing!!!Screenshot_20210613-104515_Skydio 2.jpg

definitely better to "test" than to piss yourself when it Autolands in water or a tree. it does a similar landing when it gets TOO Hot.

Reactions: Deleted member 947
This was a test>> I intentionally let the vehicle hovered until the battery juice ran out on a clear space of ard 10 ft radius, THEN, these "notices" (in screenshot) appeared. Skydio 2 moved around a bit, & really found the most flat area within. Amazing!!!View attachment 396
Apparently it's search area for a flat spot isn't very large, I had it come down in some bushes about 3.5' from a dirt road that would have been a perfect landing spot. Cost me a couple props and a nicked finger. I've got about 170 flights over about 1.5 years and I've seen a significant drop in flight time. Probably about 25-30%, not much different than the rest of the lithium batteries I use though.

This was a test>> I intentionally let the vehicle hovered until the battery juice ran out on a clear space of ard 10 ft radius, THEN, these "notices" (in screenshot) appeared. Skydio 2 moved around a bit, & really found the most flat area within. Amazing!!!View attachment 396
That is a great test idea! Ive done a drone down training (find my drone) session with my Mavics and when I receive my repaired s2 ill be going through a few tests like this. Great idea thanks!!

I can't get mine to RTH when it is low on battery, I did have a home point set. Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES