Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

S2 displaying its unbelievable AV capabilities... gorgeous color rendition, very high resolution ... interesting subject matter

Nice first flight, I'm sure you're glad to finally have it in your hands.

Being a newbie to this please forgive me if this isn't an issue, but when they're flying over the train, isn't that against the regulations set forth by the FAA?

I've noticed the majority of YouTube crash videos are people using the drone beyond what it was designed for or explicitly against FAA regulations. Most seem to think nothing of it and expect their drone to be repaired or replaced for free.

Watched one video of a guy that borrowed the drone, videoed himself on his motorcycle on the street with the drone flying through power lines. Didn't make it very far before it hit a power line. I'd be peeved if I had a friend that stupid. Dude actually seemed to the skydio owed him a new drone. Comments were off so assume there were several people that pointed out the multitude of errors he made.

Being a newbie to this please forgive me if this isn't an issue, but when they're flying over the train, isn't that against the regulations set forth by the FAA?

I've noticed the majority of YouTube crash videos are people using the drone beyond what it was designed for or explicitly against FAA regulations. Most seem to think nothing of it and expect their drone to be repaired or replaced for free.

Watched one video of a guy that borrowed the drone, videoed himself on his motorcycle on the street with the drone flying through power lines. Didn't make it very far before it hit a power line. I'd be peeved if I had a friend that stupid. Dude actually seemed to the skydio owed him a new drone. Comments were off so assume there were several people that pointed out the multitude of errors he made.
The questions you’ve asked are best answered by becoming familiar with how the FAA governs the airspace above our country.

Start with this link FAADroneZone to become familiar with the terminology you’ll need to understand and how it may it apply to you (flying commercially or recreationally).

Be prepared to spend a good amount of time coming up to speed because the FAA wants you understand many of the same rules that pilots flying manned aircraft need to know.

Google anything you don’t understand “before” asking for help to be fair to those that you may later ask to help you.

FYI…. The FAA is presently in the midst of making some pretty drastic changes regarding flying unmanned aircraft systems (uAS) so read as much as you can about what they’re considering.

P.S. Be sure to check with the moderators of this forum (Skydio Pilots) to confirm whether or not this forum is an acceptable place to post questions about the FAA.

Sorry, didn't mean to set off a firestorm.

many of the same rules that pilots flying manned aircraft need to know.

Good to know, I've had my pilot's license since 1989.

Cessna 152, 172 and 182 fixed gear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup