Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

S2 purchase

Bill McNeil

Reaction score
Thinking or purchasing an S2 now that the price has dropped and they are readily available. Problem is it maybe too little too late. Seems like the Air 2s has better range, sensor, air time and is less expensive. Am I missing something? I do want to buy US products.

Thinking or purchasing an S2 now that the price has dropped and they are readily available. Problem is it maybe too little too late. Seems like the Air 2s has better range, sensor, air time and is less expensive. Am I missing something? I do want to buy US products.
The only reason to buy a Skydio 2 is if you want great tracking and obstacle avoidance. Skydio range is very limited and will cost much more for a complete package. I have a DJI Air 2S as well and it really is the best choice for near professional level video at a reasonable price...... that said, I wouldn't give up my Skydio either.

Reactions: farmer brown
Two VERY different drones for two very different purposes. This is not a good comparison exercise between these particular two drones in my opinion. Full disclosure, I own both. I have told many friends and fellow droners that the Air2S is my hands down favorite drown to fly when I just want to fly and no work product is involved. The fun of Skydio2 to track something is amazing and cannot be matched by any DJI drone that I have used.`

Two VERY different drones for two very different purposes. This is not a good comparison exercise between these particular two drones in my opinion. Full disclosure, I own both. I have told many friends and fellow droners that the Air2S is my hands down favorite drown to fly when I just want to fly and no work product is involved. The fun of Skydio2 to track something is amazing and cannot be matched by any DJI drone that I have used.`
Seems like Skydio is concentrating on the enterprise or commercial market. This makes perfect sense.

I totally agree with this! I own three, Skydio 2, Mavic mini, and Mavic Air 2, different tools for different jobs. Mavic Air 2 is my go to for landscape and airel photography. Long drawn out shots from far away. Skydio for motion tracking. Mini is all about portability. One thing where Skydio is hella awesome on filming landscape is you can really focus on the shot. I love skimming close to the ground/trees/obstacles and focusing on the shot now worrying about running into things.

There was a show on the Red Bull channel showing them filming some of the action sports they cover with a DJI drone and it was some of the best action I've seen come from a drone platform. High speed, great shots of some extreme sports, captures you couldn't get any other way. But it requires someone who can fly it and it pretty much dictates they use a FPV setup. Unrealistic for most of us since we want to actively partake in whatever it is that we're filming.

Ever since this forum started many of the complaints I read are from users that are disappointed the SD doesn't do some of the stuff they are accustomed with from the DJI platform like it's long range or flying at night. If your primary use is piloting the drone then the SD2 might not be the best choice. If you are doing something that requires the drone to fly itself and avoid obstacles while tracking and filming a subject then the SD is the drone to get. I wouldn't expect a another drone to film me in a narrow slot canyon, nor do I expect the SD to film from 2 miles away or at 1000'. Comparisons are a waste of time between the two, they're two different platforms good at two different things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup