Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Shipping options from US to EU

netsonic

Reaction score
Hello fellow Skydio pilots,

I am facing a challenge in shipping my Skydio 2 from US to EU. Tried it so far with USPS, via official package, with original sticker (UN3481) that showed that Li-Ion batteries are included. Paid 112 USD for 6.5 pounds of weight and full insurance.
It went to the San Francisco hub and then was returned to the sender. I've previously checked and Lithium-ion Battery packed with equipment, UN3481 is allowed in international packages, but they returned it back anyhow. No refund!

Can someone please suggest another alternative? I've asked my friend to quote UPS, but did not receive any response so far. If there is anything else, I would appreciate the help.

Last edited:
If all else fails, try emailing Ken Heron at
Some months ago he did exactly what your trying to do.
P.S. If my memory serves me right though I do remember it was VERY expensive to do so.

Reactions: netsonic
I was shipping from the US to Russia with help of atlantic-freight.com. Not sure if they could offer the same for the EU, but it is worth checking. I was shipping the drone + cinematic package which means 3 batteries inside and it all went fine for me.

I think part of the Skydio 2 AI software falls under U.S. export control and that is why it's so hard to send Skydio 2 outside of U.S.

I think part of the Skydio 2 AI software falls under U.S. export control and that is why it's so hard to send Skydio 2 outside of U.S.
Not at the moment, afaik, most shipping companies are just afraid to transport such batteries which come with it, I had same issue, so you need to be precise on checking it.

I think you're probably right .... it would be interesting though to confirm who (US Govt or Skydio) is really behind Skydio's decision not to ship outside of the United States.

• A quote from USP through a 3rd party facilitator is close to 500 USD. A quote from UPS directly is somewhere north to 300-370.
  • We've tried to ask International Shipping, International Courier Parcel Delivery Services Company, Overseas Shipping Service for a quote. They have better prices on their site that the shipper who is actually performing the shipping (Fedex/DHL), however they do not know if our customs can import it.
  • We've asked DHL, they said no, even if on their site there are clearly defined info's that it's possible to ship batteries overseas.
  • I've mailed Ken Heron today and asked for advice. He did not send it back then when the video was made, and he cannot help.

What a character building day! I have no options except regular transportation companies.

Last edited:
I can understand him not wanting to get in the middle of something like this.

Sorry that I may have given you some bogus advice but I remember a very different series of events.

I received my Skydio to Malta with no problem at all. I used MyUS as my USA address and they forwarded my drone to Malta. Postage was only $78. Received in under 1 week from USA to Malta (Europe)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup