Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 App - Screen Autorotation

nznhut

Reaction score
First time posting here. I cannot get the Skydio 2 app to rotate to landscape in ANY of my devices. I have tried an iPad mini, Samsung Tablet, Google Pixel 2 phone, or Moto Android phone. It stays stuck in portrait mode. I have checked the rotation settings in each, and all work flawlessly with every other app I own.

I contacted Skydio support, and they said the following:
"I'm sorry about these issues you're experiencing. This issue should be resolved in our consumer update which will be released before the end of the year. Please let us know if you have any additional questions."

I have searched this forum and the internet in general, and cannot find either a solution, or even anyone else that has experienced this problem. Has anyone else encountered this? I cannot believe I am the only one experiencing this. Because of this, I cannot try and use the controller at all, as no device will fit because of the USB-C connector not having room.

Anyone, help?

The app rotates correctly in all of the devices I have tested, Samsung Note 5 and Note 9, LG V30 Plus, Huawie Honor 6x, and Samsung S5e tablet. The app always starts in portrait mode but switches to landscape after connecting to the drone.

Strange, rotates fine for me on all devices used.

I decided to do a factory reset on everything, and got it to work on my iPad. If I have any more difficulties, I will share them, thanks for the responses.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
Wow really I need to factory reset to get the app to rotat into landscape mode? That’s sad.I ave the same issue with my brand new iPad mini 5lte model. Need to reset no other options

well factory reset was not enough. Tried and when i restarted the iPad I needed to insure there were next to no applications installed from previous use. Discovered this with a second wipe because the first attempt I simply re installed everything. This time i installed nothing then slowly grabbed each app starting with Skydio2.

Was really odd because at first the keyboard would rotate into landscape but the app its self was stuck in portrait mode. trying to enter beacon log in data was a pain and would take multiple attempts with a reboot of everything nothing would connect and nothing would correctly display. Even locked in portrait mode it would force the keyboard into landscape mode while attempting to type in a password.

Took a few attempts but finally it righted itself. Not sure at all if the factory reset of the iPad OS did anything, nor if the install steps helped but currently I am ready to fly.

Yesterdays test flights were awesome fun after it sorted out itself! Today I'm headed out to test fly a follow the VW Vanagon adventure.

!! Great fun !!

Reactions: Ridefreak
well factory reset was not enough. Tried and when i restarted the iPad I needed to insure there were next to no applications installed from previous use. Discovered this with a second wipe because the first attempt I simply re installed everything. This time i installed nothing then slowly grabbed each app starting with Skydio2.

Was really odd because at first the keyboard would rotate into landscape but the app its self was stuck in portrait mode. trying to enter beacon log in data was a pain and would take multiple attempts with a reboot of everything nothing would connect and nothing would correctly display. Even locked in portrait mode it would force the keyboard into landscape mode while attempting to type in a password.

Took a few attempts but finally it righted itself. Not sure at all if the factory reset of the iPad OS did anything, nor if the install steps helped but currently I am ready to fly.

Yesterdays test flights were awesome fun after it sorted out itself! Today I'm headed out to test fly a follow the VW Vanagon adventure.

!! Great fun !!
Go Westies!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup