Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 App Version 7.0.0 has Arrived!

VortexLABS

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Here it is folks, the first major update for the Skydio 2. Excited to try out the automatic landing on case function. For those interested, check out the Skydio 2 app on either the App Store or Google Play Store for the full release notes.

Another note: the tracking range of the Skydio 2 has been increased from 30 to 130 ft with the beacon. This was one of the most requested features and Skydio went above and beyond with this one.

Stay safe and enjoy this update, it sure looks like a good one ?

Skydio 2 Application on App Store
Skydio 2 Application on Google Play Store

Last edited:
Reactions: skydioconvert
Here it is folks, the first major update for the Skydio 2. Excited to try out the automatic landing on case function. For those interested, check out the Skydio 2 app on either the App Store or Google Play Store for the full release notes.

Another note: the tracking range of the Skydio 2 has been increased from 30 to 130 ft with the beacon. This was one of the most requested features and Skydio went above and beyond with this one.

Stay safe and enjoy this update, it sure looks like a good one ?

Skydio 2 Application on App Store
Skydio 2 Application on Google Play Store
Now that is some really great news....

Looks like the iOS 7.0 version might "NOT" be available at the same time for everyone though.

My iOS Skydio 2 App is still at version 6.01 and I've received no notce of an available update.

Now that is some really great news....

Looks like the iOS 7.0 version might "NOT" be available at the same time for everyone though.

My iOS Skydio 2 App is still at version 6.01 and I've received no notce of an available update.
Uninstall and reinstall

Android app is updated also

Updated
June 25, 2020
Size
101M
Installs
1,000+
Current Version

Last edited:
Anyone see any difference yet between the iOS and Android versions?

What versions are everyone using?

My android received the update. Updated my skydio and my controller. I also had purchased the dual charger. I'm recharging the battery that i used to update the skydio. The power pass through on the other port is not working. Is there an update for charger i need to perform? Any info anyone has...

My android received the update. Updated my skydio and my controller. I also had purchased the dual charger. I'm recharging the battery that i used to update the skydio. The power pass through on the other port is not working. Is there an update for charger i need to perform? Any info anyone has...
i have the same issue ... and the update is not comming from the battery controller because the second battery works immediately after firing up the drone , dji drones are asking for a reboot after a battery firmware update

I updated early this morning but did not test it yet. I'm sure this will be clarified :)

Last edited:
The pass thru only works when the batteries themselves are not charging, so kinda of a worthless update IMHO.

though I haven’t gotten it to work either...

You have to plug the dual charger into the drone itself via USB C. It’s on the Skydio help site.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
it’s working you have to put both batteries in the charger. then let it update disconnect power supply , reconnect and it’s working

This is what i did .... from skydio
SKYDIO 2 BATTERY AND CHARGER

From skydio... fast great response

Updating your Skydio Dual Charger

SKYDIO 2 BATTERY AND CHARGER
Your Skydio Dual Charger is capable of receiving periodic software (firmware) updates, just like the other Skydio accessories. The latest software update to the Dual Charger allows it to pass power through to the 2nd USB-C port when the attached batteries are not charging. This allows you to plug in and charge small accessories like the Beacon, Controller, or even your phone. Note that multiple Dual Chargers cannot be chained together at this time.

To update the Dual Charger to the latest software:

Download the latest updates to the Skydio 2 app.

Update your Skydio 2 drone to the latest firmware.

Place a battery in Skydio 2 and power it on.

Place a second battery in the Dual Charger*.

Plug the Dual Charger into the Skydio 2 using a USB-C to USB-C cable.
The LEDs on the battery attached to the Dual Charger will turn green to indicate the update is in progress.

When the LEDs on the battery turn solid green, the update has finished. This typically takes 3-5 minutes.

*Note: If you do not have a 2nd battery to place in the Dual Charger the update will still occur, but there will be no visual indication. Simply wait 5 minutes for the update to complete before unplugging the Dual Charger.

I just got the notice, very good news. So the current Android app can be updated or does it need to be uninstalled and the new version installed? Figure I'd ask you guys before trying to dig that info up.

nevermind, just saw that last post, updating now. Nice to have you guys on top of all this :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup