Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Controller

jamez247

Reaction score
What is the USB A female port for on the Skydio 2 Controller? It has a blank cover.

It is unused. The casing is also used on the Parrot Anafi which actually has a functioning USB A port..... it is the weak point on the controller though so we are better off without it.

It is unused. The casing is also used on the Parrot Anafi which actually has a functioning USB A port..... it is the weak point on the controller though so we are better off without it.
Than you for replying. Ya I spoke with one of the engineers over at Skydio just a little bit ago. It is disconnected as well. Was just curious trying to figure out if it could be used to extend or boost the wifi signal.
Thanks again

Than you for replying. Ya I spoke with one of the engineers over at Skydio just a little bit ago. It is disconnected as well. Was just curious trying to figure out if it could be used to extend or boost the wifi signal.
Thanks again
As for the signal.... I bought the Alientech Duo and added it to the controller. It extended my range by another 300 feet. The Alientech Duo is a passive system so it is just a better antenna but they do sell more expensive powered Antennas that should extend range even more.

I have just resigned myself to using the Skydio for its beautiful footage down low and my DJI drones for the high up and distance shots.

That's great 300' I seen the Alientech.
I was going to research a wifi extender. I use to do cell tower Video Quality Audits (VQA) and I had it set up like this as we were on a live interactive bridge while auditing the last construction upgrade.
I had an wifi extender antenna on a tripod on the roof of my truck my just a regular 129 volts of power and a standard com connection RJ45 from the wifi extender antenna to my laptop. A verison wireless wifi card (hotspot) on. The wifi card was connected to the extender antenna my laptop was connected to the extender and I would be on private bridge like Skype on my laptop in the truck and I would be sometimes 289 -350 feet up 9n an iPhone connected to the extender using the app air server so my laptop mirrors the video footage I capture on the tower and everyone on the bridge can sew and here. So there is something I can do to extend the S2. I actually don't need it to go farther I just want a stringer signal. Out here in Arizona I blow through the batteries due to the heat and right before they get go the signal is terrible.

This is an issue I'm having right now with my Controller that I haven't seen discussed here yet. We have 2 Motorola z3 phones with Android 9 OS. After I downloaded Skydio 2 ver 15.10.5 to all of my equipment, my Controller would not connect to either phone. I tried several different connection steps and it just plain will not connect. I finally launched my Skydio 2 with my phone and then connected the Controller while the drone was airborne. The Controller did fly the drone, but the phone screen shows the same features as if I was flying with phone only - it was pretty hard to tell what was going on. I've contacted Skydio service and they're looking at the situation, but no resolution yet. The update info said it would work with everything from Android 9 and up, so that should not be the issue. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Android 9 OS on your phone and were you able to correct the situation.

Did you uninstall the Skydio app on your phone, restart your phone and then reinstall the app. I have lost connection before and this worked

Did you uninstall the Skydio app on your phone, restart your phone and then reinstall the app. I have lost connection before and this worked
Yes, I did all of that. I was hoping that the update to ver. 15.11.34 would fix the issue, but it didn't. Skydio techs are scratching their heads too trying to figure out what the issue is. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue......Android 9 is supposed to work.

So, I'm guessing your phone is incompatible with any newer Android OS after 9?

I'm running a pretty new Motorola Moto3 with the latest android version, it's working if that helps.

So, I'm guessing your phone is incompatible with any newer Android OS after 9?
or is it really a question of micro USB vs USB-C? on my micro USB phone it worked great. when I migrated to a USB-C phone and tablet that this not recognizing the controller problem 1st happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spad