Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Controller

jamez247

Reaction score
What is the USB A female port for on the Skydio 2 Controller? It has a blank cover.

Saladshooter

Reaction score
It is unused. The casing is also used on the Parrot Anafi which actually has a functioning USB A port..... it is the weak point on the controller though so we are better off without it.

jamez247

Reaction score
It is unused. The casing is also used on the Parrot Anafi which actually has a functioning USB A port..... it is the weak point on the controller though so we are better off without it.
Than you for replying. Ya I spoke with one of the engineers over at Skydio just a little bit ago. It is disconnected as well. Was just curious trying to figure out if it could be used to extend or boost the wifi signal.
Thanks again

Saladshooter

Reaction score
Than you for replying. Ya I spoke with one of the engineers over at Skydio just a little bit ago. It is disconnected as well. Was just curious trying to figure out if it could be used to extend or boost the wifi signal.
Thanks again
As for the signal.... I bought the Alientech Duo and added it to the controller. It extended my range by another 300 feet. The Alientech Duo is a passive system so it is just a better antenna but they do sell more expensive powered Antennas that should extend range even more.

I have just resigned myself to using the Skydio for its beautiful footage down low and my DJI drones for the high up and distance shots.

jamez247

Reaction score
That's great 300' I seen the Alientech.
I was going to research a wifi extender. I use to do cell tower Video Quality Audits (VQA) and I had it set up like this as we were on a live interactive bridge while auditing the last construction upgrade.
I had an wifi extender antenna on a tripod on the roof of my truck my just a regular 129 volts of power and a standard com connection RJ45 from the wifi extender antenna to my laptop. A verison wireless wifi card (hotspot) on. The wifi card was connected to the extender antenna my laptop was connected to the extender and I would be on private bridge like Skype on my laptop in the truck and I would be sometimes 289 -350 feet up 9n an iPhone connected to the extender using the app air server so my laptop mirrors the video footage I capture on the tower and everyone on the bridge can sew and here. So there is something I can do to extend the S2. I actually don't need it to go farther I just want a stringer signal. Out here in Arizona I blow through the batteries due to the heat and right before they get go the signal is terrible.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trobin007