Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Live Streaming support?

BurrowsForge

Reaction score
Does the Skydio 2 support live streaming? If so, does it pair with certain apps only (YouTube, Facebook, etc.)? If so what apps are supported?

Can you use a RTMP server?
Thanks!
Burrows Forge

The most recent post in here is a year old. I'm wondering if anyone has figured out streaming from the drone yet?
I saw a you tube video about the part 107 license where they mentioned someone getting in trouble for livestreaming his drone video w/o a 107. So It must be possible.

If he was using a DJI how'd he do it?
Is there an app that screencaps and streams the phone display?
Why can't you do it with an S2?

The issue with livestream and 107 isn't technical but monetary. You cannot profit from flying unless it's 107.

You can always stream your phone screen somewhere else but the feed is 720p, not full 4k.

The most recent post in here is a year old. I'm wondering if anyone has figured out streaming from the drone yet?
I saw a you tube video about the part 107 license where they mentioned someone getting in trouble for livestreaming his drone video w/o a 107. So It must be possible.

If he was using a DJI how'd he do it?
Is there an app that screencaps and streams the phone display?
Why can't you do it with an S2?
you do not need a part 107 license to livestream a drone flight. not even once is there any mention of the word "profit" in the faa laws. either you are flying for fun...or you are you are not flying for fun. if you are not flying for fun, you need a part 107. it's really that simple. in general, it would be helpful to think about having a part 107 in furtherance of a business. any discussion about platforms or techniques or methods or advertising, etc is irrelevant. none of that is mentioned in faa laws, it is only made up by people who want to take a shot at interpreting what they think the law means. I agree there has been casual commentary by the faa from time to time but I would refer you to what they have legally done rather than what they may have said.

I know I will get a lot of pushback on this. there will be people who will swear that anyone who is posting a video on YouTube without a part 107 is breaking the law and the only reason why the faa is not going after them is because there are too many for the faa to handle or they have to get a complaint first or the faa is "looking the other way" but it's still illegal or some other similar nonsense. but in reality, it is because the faa is unable to prove a person's intent when the flight took off. that's it, bottom line. when they have enough information that you are not flying for fun and you don't have a part 107, they take action.

you do not need a part 107 license to livestream a drone flight. not even once is there any mention of the word "profit" in the faa laws. either you are flying for fun...or you are you are not flying for fun. if you are not flying for fun, you need a part 107. it's really that simple. in general, it would be helpful to think about having a part 107 in furtherance of a business. any discussion about platforms or techniques or methods or advertising, etc is irrelevant. none of that is mentioned in faa laws, it is only made up by people who want to take a shot at interpreting what they think the law means. I agree there has been casual commentary by the faa from time to time but I would refer you to what they have legally done rather than what they may have said.

I know I will get a lot of pushback on this. there will be people who will swear that anyone who is posting a video on YouTube without a part 107 is breaking the law and the only reason why the faa is not going after them is because there are too many for the faa to handle or they have to get a complaint first or the faa is "looking the other way" but it's still illegal or some other similar nonsense. but in reality, it is because the faa is unable to prove a person's intent when the flight took off. that's it, bottom line. when they have enough information that you are not flying for fun and you don't have a part 107, they take action.
So we're clear, the fine is $100,000 and they will warn you once. If you are profiting in any way (running ads on your Youtube, Twitch or using it to build a brand, it's commercial use). The FAA has gone on record claiming that if you're using it to inspect your own roof... because that service is usually paid, you are saving money therefore profiting monetarily.

Anti-authority is one of the dangerous traits in aviation so go forth and do whatever you want, but $100,000 is a lot of drones.

So we're clear, the fine is $100,000 and they will warn you once. If you are profiting in any way (running ads on your Youtube, Twitch or using it to build a brand, it's commercial use). The FAA has gone on record claiming that if you're using it to inspect your own roof... because that service is usually paid, you are saving money therefore profiting monetarily.

Anti-authority is one of the dangerous traits in aviation so go forth and do whatever you want, but $100,000 is a lot of drones.
inspecting the roof is not flying for fun. so you need a part 107.

building a brand on YouTube by using your drone videos is not flying for fun. so you need a part 107.

the only difference between what you and I are saying is the reason behind it; like "monetary profiting" and "running ads" and "paid" which is in exactly ZERO places in the faa law. but is sure sounds good, I know.

the fine is up to $100,000 and maybe only one or two people have been fined (for something other than illegal flying) out of millions of videos and billions of views. very few people (maybe less than 1,000 even get a warning).

the faa doesn't go on record; they go by the law. if they are answering a question then they are helping you understand the law and interpreting it for you and it's all based on the law.

just so we are clear, the reason why inspecting your roof requires a part 107 is not because it is usually a paid service or you are making a profit or because some faa guy said yes in a seminar to a random question. the real reason why inspecting your roof requires a part 107 because inspecting your roof is not a recreational activity (i.e. it is not flying for fun). if you take off from the ground and your intent is to take a look at the roof checking for damage (and not simply taking off to have fun flying) then you are engaging in a part 107 commercial activity. it's not going to matter if you are paid or not, it's not going to matter if you made money, lost money, made a profit, or gave it away or volunteered your time....it's not flying for fun.

don't make this harder than it has to be.

Reactions: kgilbertsen

What FliesDrones said in his 1st line completely explained everything you just spend 2 huge paragraphs going in the wrong direction about.

"Anti-authority is one of the dangerous traits in aviation so go forth and do whatever you want, but $100,000 is a lot of drones"
Depends on what kind of drone, they do have some seriously expensive ones out there for various commercial use.

"Anti-authority is one of the dangerous traits" anywhere. Points well taken.

What FliesDrones said in his 1st line completely explained everything you just spend 2 huge paragraphs going in the wrong direction about.
explained yes but it isn't true. is this what you are referring to?
"The issue with livestream and 107 isn't technical but monetary. You cannot profit from flying unless it's 107."

please show me in the law where it says if you profit from flying without a part 107 that you are violating the law. might be a good indicator but it's not the law.

because it won't matter if you turn a profit or you lose money or you break even, if you are not flying for fun then you need a part 107. too often the flyer believes he can inspect his own roof or record his friend's wedding or cover an outdoor event or survey the church farm as a long as he doesn't get paid or if he volunteers his time or if he is paid in beers then he doesn't need to get a part 107....it simply isn't true. part 107 is not measured in rubles or time on the clock or contracts, it is determined by commercial work "in furtherance of a business." as a general rule, if you are not flying for fun because it's an enjoyable hobby for you, then you probably need a part 107 to do whatever you are doing. nowhere in the law does it talk about profit/loss or w-2s or money changing hands or how you spend your afternoon. and because they will go by your intent when you took off for that particular flight, that makes it even more complicated which I won't get into because I know you hate huge paragraphs. :)

Does the Skydio 2 support live streaming? If so, does it pair with certain apps only (YouTube, Facebook, etc.)? If so what apps are supported?

Can you use a RTMP server?
Thanks!
Burrows Forge
you can use mirror cast and steam. it just mirrors your phone or pads screen but it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup