Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

SKYDIO 2 not connecting

abworld

Reaction score
I just brought a Skydio 2, but my beacon, controller, and phone app are not connecting to the drone. In the beacon, it keeps saying "looking for ..." and on the phone, it says "Datalink Timed Out. I have an apple iPhone 12 pro max to the latest ios and latest Skydio 2 app. I tried everything to connect to it. The funny thing is it's brand new our the box and it only worked once and I never crashed it and when I tried using the drone the second time, it keeps giving me those errors, and I don't know what to do and skydio email isn't replying to me. Can anyone help me out here please?

I just brought a Skydio 2, but my beacon, controller, and phone app are not connecting to the drone. In the beacon, it keeps saying "looking for ..." and on the phone, it says "Datalink Timed Out. I have an apple iPhone 12 pro max to the latest ios and latest Skydio 2 app. I tried everything to connect to it. The funny thing is it's brand new our the box and it only worked once and I never crashed it and when I tried using the drone the second time, it keeps giving me those errors, and I don't know what to do and skydio email isn't replying to me. Can anyone help me out here please?
Did you check the wifi settings on your phone to see if the skydio WiFi shows up there? If it's there connect to it manually.
If you using the beacon, connect the bird to beacon first and then your phone to the beacon.

im not the expert but I would say try to delete or forget the wifi connection and if that doesn't work, reset the drone.

Did you check the wifi settings on your phone to see if the skydio WiFi shows up there? If it's there connect to it manually.
If you using the beacon, connect the bird to beacon first and then your phone to the beacon.
checked it, still the same issue

I'm trying to connect my iphone X to my beacon and when i go to "settings" and open "wi-fi" it shows me "Beacon-8z65" and when I click on it it wants a password. I tried the pw on my drone but no luck.

So my phone and beacon are not connected.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm trying to connect my iphone X to my beacon and when i go to "settings" and open "wi-fi" it shows me "Beacon-8z65" and when I click on it it wants a password. I tried the pw on my drone but no luck.

So my phone and beacon are not connected.

Any ideas?
Use the password on the beacon.

I see it now. Darn, my degree in rocket surgery always prevents me from seeing the obvious.

Thanks!!!

My first launch was the same.
Followed the first launch setup in detail as described and after several iPad/drone/beacon power down and reboots I managed to get things cobbled together. oddly now two flights in, the beacon never shows up in the app main connection list, only the drone. So for me what works is drone on beacon on iPad on. The first two are busy connecting and the iPad watches and tells me whats going on. when the first two are done the tablet says ready to fly. ill fly again today and with a little luk it will still be the same processes.

Honestly they did not give much thought to the app development. Any decent coder could have built a more user friendly tool to fly a high tech drone like this! My gamble and hope is that as time goes by they will hear their users and build into the app better controls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup