Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2+ not updating

Airwolf

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a "lightly" used Skydio 2+ from someone and everything checks out fine, but it is not updated to the latest firmware and reports an error when trying to "CHECK FOR UPDATE". I do not have the Panorama or RID features so that was my first clue to it not being updated to the latest version. The APP does not report that there is a new update available. So I manually "CHECK FOR UPDATE". It seems to think for a while and then reports that it encountered an "ERROR CHECKING FOR UPDATE" and stops. I have tried this multiple times while having the app connected to the Skydio 2+ and while connected to my WiFi. I have verified that the phone (Samsung Galaxy S21) and the WiFi do work as I can visit webpages and stream. But no matter what the app just idles for a bit when I tap "CHECK FOR UPDATE" and then it reports that an "ERROR CHECKING FOR UPDATE" has occurred and stops.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I did previously use the APP on a Skydio 2 (non +) but I uninstalled the app and that Skydio 2 (non +) was gone from the list of drones in the app.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas to get my Skydio 2+ updated I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Is this the first time you've used that specific phone to update a skydio? Asking because if it's an older version of android or IOS that can cause issues trying to load the latest version of the app and subsequently the drone itself.

You may already know this but it needs android 10 or IOS 14. If there's a possibility that might be the issue I'd verify the app is updated to the latest version. If that doesn't happen or hasn't I don't think it'll update the drone to the latest firmware.

I hope Skydio has not pulled the plug on updates and strand a bunch of Skydio drones that will eventually need to update for RID.

Is this the first time you've used that specific phone to update a skydio? Asking because if it's an older version of android or IOS that can cause issues trying to load the latest version of the app and subsequently the drone itself.

You may already know this but it needs android 10 or IOS 14. If there's a possibility that might be the issue I'd verify the app is updated to the latest version. If that doesn't happen or hasn't I don't think it'll update the drone to the latest firmware.
Thanks, the Samsung Galaxy S21 came with Android 11 when it was first released. I am now running Android 13. I have a Skydio 2 (non plus) and have used the same phone on it not have the same issue.

It also appears Skydio is not answering help tickets from current customers despite stating they would continue to offer support for them.

Thanks.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals