Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2+ Survived A Crash:

gsrider

Reaction score
My S2+ survived an encounter with a power line. I missed seeing a very thin power line that was strung high above a road. The drone hit the wire and tumbled out of control. Fortunately, the wire was high enough up that the drone had enough time to power back up, right itself and slow down enough to land without major impact, breaking anything or even leaving a scratch. Whew!

My S2+ survived an encounter with a power line. I missed seeing a very thin power line that was strung high above a road. The drone hit the wire and tumbled out of control. Fortunately, the wire was high enough up that the drone had enough time to power back up, right itself and slow down enough to land without major impact, breaking anything or even leaving a scratch. Whew!
Glad to hear it had a happy ending!

Reactions: gsrider
I had a huge dumbass moment the other day. During hand launch, I don't know why I did it, but I held on too long and the panic/pushed the drone as it throttled up. Of course, this unbalanced it and it immediately crashed into the pavement. Broke one propeller, chipped up another pretty good, there were scratches in the two other props. Surprisingly, I got it home, put new blades on it and it flew again without issues. The hit was pretty hard...I'm impressed it survived this stupid move by me. (guess I was lucky).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup