Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 wonders after start up with the beacon ....

skychs

Reaction score
Skydio 2
When I first turn on the Skydio 2 with the intentions of active tracking it wonders all over the place. Yesterday when I tried to set it up it immediately flew out of the road and into the woods. Every time I have to manually bring it back into the street. How much room does the Skydio need to reposition front or rear? This was a single forest service road through the woods.

Also ... there were two of us on motorcycles. I had the beacon with me but it tracked the other motorcycle.
Thanks
Chuck

Last edited:
Tracking another MC isn't unusual, the wandering around sounds like it was trying to find the subject. When that happens stop, use the wand function to slightly reposition the drone and by pushing the blue button to wand it, that will confirm the subject with the drone. I've had to track other bikes multiple times, that method has always worked to rehome the tracking. When riding with a group it's easier to be 10-20 yards behind the rest, launch then once the drone established connection on you, ride off, the rest also ride off at the same time a little ahead and you ease into the group. Those first couple min of flying can make the difference in a problematic flight or a smooth one.

Reactions: TonyPHX and skychs
Tracking another MC isn't unusual, the wandering around sounds like it was trying to find the subject. When that happens stop, use the wand function to slightly reposition the drone and by pushing the blue button to wand it, that will confirm the subject with the drone. I've had to track other bikes multiple times, that method has always worked to rehome the tracking. When riding with a group it's easier to be 10-20 yards behind the rest, launch then once the drone established connection on you, ride off, the rest also ride off at the same time a little ahead and you ease into the group. Those first couple min of flying can make the difference in a problematic flight or a smooth one.
Thanks Ridefreak. I will try that next time.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup