Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio accessories price increase June 2020

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
With the reopening prices are up.
Make sure to order everything when you completing your drone purchase since they refuse to match the price later on.
My drone was shipped hours before the shutdown and I did not order the hard case at that time, now they want $229.
Not going to happen since even top of the line Pelican case is $176 :) Would prefer to support Skydio but I guess they don't value early adopters anymore.
Other lesser brands like Skyreat is only $99, and this is still very good case.
There is word out that they will offer bundle packages but no word on the pricing.

Battery $99 to 115

Charger $129 to $149

Beacon and controller $149 to $179

Hard case $199 to $229

Not going to need the hard case .... name of the game is to travel light... although a place to hold extra batteries is nice.

They didn't increase prices for the Wall Power Adapter, USB-C to Lightning Cable or Props ... maybe its time to stock up.

No one likes price increases but there's nothing unreasonable in these price increases given the effect COVID-19 has had on our economy.

Much better we support Skydio than having the government do so.

They didn't increase prices for the Wall Power Adapter, USB-C to Lightning Cable or Props ... maybe its time to stock up.

Let's face it those are overpriced anyway.

I have no problem with price increase at all, but new users that order now should be those that pay the premium.
Not like I ordered any of those items already, and making killing on eBay :)
Anyway, loyalty means nothing these days....

Maybe getting the best deal is all important to some but I like being loyal to the little guy or startup business if he/she offers a better product than his competitors do.

I'm just surprised that a price increase hasn't happened yet on the S2 itself.

Consider yourself lucky you already have one in your hands.

Reactions: Humboldt Mtn flyer
Maybe getting the best deal is all important to some but I like being loyal to the little guy or startup business if he/she offers a better product than his competitors do.

I'm just surprised that a price increase hasn't happened yet on the S2 itself.

Consider yourself lucky you already have one in your hands.
With the Air 2 around, and slow manufacturing it wouldn't go well to increase the price of the S2.

For me is matter of principal, and I'm not alone, lots of people mad about this treatment, they pressed us to order and pay ASAP.

With the Air 2 around, and slow manufacturing it wouldn't go well to increase the price of the S2.

For me is matter of principal, and I'm not alone, lots of people mad about this treatment, they pressed us to order and pay ASAP.

What's bothering you now, a price increase? Not letting you get an introductory price on accessories later? That's hardly uncommon. I considered the pelican case when buying the SD2, at the time I decided not to. Later I had second thoughts. Was I bothered I couldn't get the same introductory deal, no. I snooze I loose. Nobody likes price increases but they're hardly rare.

Then consider economics following a pandemic, go talk to a landlord or a restaurant owner and ask how their business model is working out at the moment. I'm not trying to slam your feeling that it's not fair, just trying to put it in perspective. Before it went on sale the CEO said that the $999 was lower then they wanted to see one sell for but in order to get it out and hopefully adopted they lowered it to that, they obviously make some of that up through the sales of the accessories, piece meal. The drone's still $999, unusual for something that was sold out for over a year. Like SDC I'm surprised it still sells for that.

I choose to look at it the other way, glad they're still open and improving their product, lesser things have tanked drone companies.

Points well made ... Skydio is unique in many good ways.

The fact that they are listening to their customers and making notable improvements during a pretty significant down turn in the economy is even more remarkable.

They'd be a great investment opportunity if they ever went public.

Reactions: Humboldt Mtn flyer
What's bothering you now, a price increase? Not letting you get an introductory price on accessories later? That's hardly uncommon. I considered the pelican case when buying the SD2, at the time I decided not to. Later I had second thoughts. Was I bothered I couldn't get the same introductory deal, no. I snooze I loose. Nobody likes price increases but they're hardly rare.

Then consider economics following a pandemic, go talk to a landlord or a restaurant owner and ask how their business model is working out at the moment. I'm not trying to slam your feeling that it's not fair, just trying to put it in perspective. Before it went on sale the CEO said that the $999 was lower then they wanted to see one sell for but in order to get it out and hopefully adopted they lowered it to that, they obviously make some of that up through the sales of the accessories, piece meal. The drone's still $999, unusual for something that was sold out for over a year. Like SDC I'm surprised it still sells for that.

I choose to look at it the other way, glad they're still open and improving their product, lesser things have tanked drone companies.
There was nothing introductory about the price, pretty sure it will drop again :) But too late Pelican it is :)
Anafi case that sold for $160 is now $20 :ROFLMAO:

Look at it how you want but if the accessory price is different when you purchase the flagship product as opposed to later on then it's an introductory price by definition.

As long as there's a waiting list I doubt you'll see any price reductions from them, since the list is long if it does happen likely it's going to be when there's not enough buyers, not the case right now. Of course you can roll the dice and wait for a reduction, might pay off or cost even more. Or buy a DJI. You're often critical of Skydio, your right of course. Dispite what you read on FB, there's lots of satisfied customers, most don't say anything but will criticize a product or policy when they aren't satisfied so you only hear from them at that time so forums comments tend weight in that direction, similar to most forums that discuss a product.

Like you said it's likely a case will be offered from someone else, give the chinese time to copy it. THe $20 cases for the Anafi aren't sold by anafi, they're Chinese also. I may have missed it but I couldn't even find a case for sale on Anafi's website.

Last edited:
Look at it how you want but if the accessory price is different when you purchase the flagship product as opposed to later on then it's an introductory price by definition.

As long as there's a waiting list I doubt you'll see any price reductions from them, since the list is long if it does happen likely it's going to be when there's not enough buyers, not the case right now. Of course you can roll the dice and wait for a reduction, might pay off or cost even more. Or buy a DJI. You're often critical of Skydio, your right of course. Dispite what you read on FB, there's lots of satisfied customers, most don't say anything but will criticize a product or policy when they aren't satisfied so you only hear from them at that time so forums comments tend weight in that direction, similar to most forums that discuss a product.

Like you said it's likely a case will be offered from someone else, give the chinese time to copy it. THe $20 cases for the Anafi aren't sold by anafi, they're Chinese also. I may have missed it but I couldn't even find a case for sale on Anafi's website.
Won't waste much time convincing fanboy but:
Flagship ....NOT, could be when they actually prove them self.
Got several DJI drones, and mentioned this before
The Anafi case is top of the line made in Germany so get your facts first ...

Good luck

You bought the drone, had the chance for the cheaper case, you hesitated and now since you can't get the same deal 3 months later following a forced shutdown of the company it's a principal violation, thats an entitled attitude.

Then you post up how theres "lots of people" upset about it. Yet you're the only one I've seen on this skydio forum complaining about it, facebook or the DJI forum might be a more receptive audience though.

Don't forget to dismiss me a fanboy like you do to anyone who calls you out on something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crracer712
You bought the drone, had the chance for the cheaper case, you hesitated and now since you can't get the same deal 3 months later following a forced shutdown of the company it's a principal violation, thats an entitled attitude.

Then you post up how theres "lots of people" upset about it. Yet you're the only one I've seen on this skydio forum complaining about it, facebook or the DJI forum might be a more receptive audience though.

Don't forget to dismiss me a fanboy like you do to anyone who calls you out on something.
Do you want me to forward you skydio support email where they them self say that they have many complaints about this and they can't help since that order came from high up?
Once again get your facts before making conclusions fanboy ?

Now seriously, I'm in business over 30 years, never lost client, so I like to think I know how to treat people, and believe me sometimes I bite my tongue because it's always worth it.
Perhaps I'm just old school ?

Last edited:
Do you want me to forward you skydio support email where they them self say that they have many complaints about this and they can't help since that order came from high up?

Now seriously, I'm in business over 30 years, never lost client, so I like to think I know how to treat people, and believe me sometimes I bite my tongue because it's always worth it.
Please do forward/post the email - it would be an interesting read!

I don't really want to get into a pissing match. Of course High Up is where all those kind of decisions are made, they see the bottom line, they answer to the investors. You have an email from an employee sympathizing or agreeing with your view, that's actually nice and says they listen, hopefully they pass it up and you cause a change.

Doesn't change a thing from what I posted. I'll end it by saying you've the rights to how you feel so do other people, if the other view doesn't agree with your's that doesn't make them a fanboy. That's just an easy way to dismiss someone else's opinion and does little for the credibility of your view.

Reactions: Crracer712
Will those of us who ordered and paid a deposit 8 or 9 months ago have to pay the new higher accessory pricing, or will we have the old pricing if we pay for the accessories along with the drone when it's finally ready to ship?

Last edited:
Will those of us who ordered and paid a deposit 8 or 9 months ago have to pay the new higher accessory pricing, or will we have the old pricing if we pay for the accessories along with the drone when it's finally ready to ship?
Old pricing on the initial order with the drone it self.
Only exception to get it at the price before the increase is if the item was not it stock when your S2 was shipped.

Old pricing on the initial order with the drone it self.
Only exception to get it at the price before the increase is if the item was not it stock when your S2 was shipped.
Don't know which accessories were in stock back in October when my order was placed. But clearly recall that the site said accessories should be ordered when the finalization email is sent for the remainder of the payment.

So all of us deposit payees who've been waiting 8 or 9 months will see the lower prices?

Don't know which accessories were in stock back in October when my order was placed. But clearly recall that the site said accessories should be ordered when the finalization email is sent for the remainder of the payment.

So all of us deposit payees who've been waiting 8 or 9 months will see the lower prices?
Yes, you will get the price that was published at the time of your pre-order.
The OOS comment was meant when you completing your order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup