Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio Dual Charger—why two USB-C ports?

Anyone know why the Skydio dual charger has two USB-C ports?
It’s been reported that the second one can be used as a power out to charge the Controller or Beacon.

Why do they call it a charger when all it is is a battery holder with contacts that is way overpriced?

Why do they call it a charger when all it is is a battery holder with contacts that is way overpriced?

Yeah I thought it was pretty minimal for what I paid. I did some reading that states it will serial or parallel charge the two batteries based on the input current; so it has some cool internal electronics but still basic.

It will charge the batteries if you plug into either side but will not put out on the side not plugged in to charge a controller or another battery.

I'm curious if you plugged in two lower power USB C's to both sides if that would triggers parallel charging? I'm not going to try it until someone figures it out.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
SD realized after the R1 that the average joe won't buy a $2K drone so they beat up on the options, it's got to be $$ for a small company to field this kind of tech.

Reactions: Jim
SD realized after the R1 that the average joe won't buy a $2K drone so they beat up on the options, it's got to be $$ for a small company to field this kind of tech.

I agree I think their goal was to come in with an enrty level price that would undercut the Mavic 2's, but at the end of the day by the time you purchase all the accessories there's not much difference. I'm not complaining I like my S2 at any price.

That's correct. It isn't a pass-thru. You can charge from EITHER port. BUT I am surmising that if you have a low power charger that can only charge ONE BATTERY AT A TIME, you can use TWO low power chargers, to enable charging both at the same time. That is probably accomplished with a full-wave BRIDGE to get TWO IN'S to give ONE COMBINED OUT. I passed this by Rick at Drone Valley, and he is checking out my theory. I expect that he'll have an addendum to his review of the dual-charger soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup