Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio iOS app crash?

uidzero

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? I had the Skydio 2 app crash on me during a flight.. I was using the Skydio 2 controller when this happened and my phone was connected to the controller. The drone just kept doing it's thing while I went and scrambled to restart the app. No issues with it..

I'll probably contact support and see if I can send them any crash logs.. but it definitely made for an exciting flight.. :)

Anyone else have this problem? I had the Skydio 2 app crash on me during a flight.. I was using the Skydio 2 controller when this happened and my phone was connected to the controller. The drone just kept doing it's thing while I went and scrambled to restart the app. No issues with it..

I'll probably contact support and see if I can send them any crash logs.. but it definitely made for an exciting flight.. :)

As odd as it sounds sometime unexpected app crashes and how you react can help you with other problems like how to regain flight control if you loose connectivity.

Turning the phone/controller off and then restarting them is a tried and true way of "often" regaining connectivity.

I've had my iPad overheat a couple times and shut down but the Beacon maintains control with no issue.

I experienced an app crash while motion tracking a person running. Im running Android so it's probably not an iOS specific issue. Skydio continued to track while the app was closed.

I experienced an app crash while motion tracking a person running. Im running Android so it's probably not an iOS specific issue. Skydio continued to track while the app was closed.
Also using Android and no crashing here. I'm using dedicated Note8 as controller.
What device do you have?

Interesting, I did debloat all the useless Samsung stuff from the phone to make it lean as possible.
Make sure the Skydio app has the battery optimization disabled.

Just flew for the first time since downloading the newest 14 friendly IOS app and I experienced no issues. In fact, I got the best range I’ve ever had with the S2 in an urban setting, likely having nothing to do with the app. I fly with the controller 90% of the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup