Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio or NOT??? Hearing about runaway drones.

Reaction score
Website
www.carreonphotography.com
Hi folks, I am a commercial photographer in Los Angeles and I am considering buying a Skydio 2(my first drone) before the end of the year. My reasoning is that, with some training, I can fly indoors and use their keyframe feature and obstacle avoidance features to do indoor surveys of warehouses and factories.

I keep hearing about Skydio losing connection with the pilot and flying off. So, I am wondering if folks on this forum have the same issue and if you have buyer's remorse. (Tracking problem after update 21.0.53 and 21.0.61)

S2 fly-away due to malfunctioning GPS and/or bad programming. Skydio support says "beat it."

I would love to hear your thoughts about what seems to be a common Skydio problem.

I hire drone operators right now who usually don't want to shoot indoors and I don't really want to hear that, so I thought I would buy my own drone. I am open to open criticism here since I really don't know anything

I know I will have a steep learning curve and need a license to fly commercially.

Hi folks, I am a commercial photographer in Los Angeles and I am considering buying a Skydio 2(my first drone) before the end of the year. My reasoning is that, with some training, I can fly indoors and use their keyframe feature and obstacle avoidance features to do indoor surveys of warehouses and factories.

I keep hearing about Skydio losing connection with the pilot and flying off. So, I am wondering if folks on this forum have the same issue and if you have buyer's remorse. (Tracking problem after update 21.0.53 and 21.0.61)

S2 fly-away due to malfunctioning GPS and/or bad programming. Skydio support says "beat it."

I would love to hear your thoughts about what seems to be a common Skydio problem.

I hire drone operators right now who usually don't want to shoot indoors and I don't really want to hear that, so I thought I would buy my own drone. I am open to open criticism here since I really don't know anything

I know I will have a steep learning curve and need a license to fly commercially.
I don't think the Skydio 2 will work well for your intended use. The Skydio 2 does fly indoors but requires great lighting anywhere it goes otherwise it won't take off. There is Skydio enterprise software available to overcome this and to provide more precise flying at a cost of a few thousand annually.

I don't think the Skydio 2 will work well for your intended use. The Skydio 2 does fly indoors but requires great lighting anywhere it goes otherwise it won't take off. There is Skydio enterprise software available to overcome this and to provide more precise flying at a cost of a few thousand annually.
Can you tell me how you come to this understanding?

Hi Edward,
First, I am not a commercial pilot. I use my Skydio for fun and documenting life. I have never had a fly away.

As noted the drone does not like flying indoors without upgrades or a lot of lighting.

The obstacle avoidance feature is the best. It inspires confidence and allows you to fly verses worrying.

Enjoy

Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I could never get Skydio sales on the phone, so I ended up buying a DJI Mini 3 Pro based on faulty information. So, now I am stuck with it until I learn how to fly well, at which point I will probably buy a Skydio 2+.

I only hope that customer service is not as bad as their sales reps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup