Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio Premiere Service

Lon Denard

Reaction score
So has anyone ponied up the $500 and why? I'm starting to think that it may be a good idea!

My main hesitation is that I can't seem to find out what it covers exactly. It's says it's good for 2 years, costs $500 and they'll ship me a "new" drone before I ship them mine. Which sounds pretty good but, how many times will they do this in the 2 years? There's no mention of a deductable, Yea or nay. What happens if I don't send a broken drone back to them? At first I laughed at the idea but recent events have changed my mind. Plus if you do the math, it's not really more expensive than two years of DJI Care Refresh plus the deductables for three replacements.

Last edited:
Honestly, I’ve purchased Refresh with every drone I’ve bought from DJI. Never once have I had to use it. I’ve also bought the second year with these quads and never used it. At $500, it seems like out of the box sticker shock, perhaps hoping that no one will opt in. I’m on the wall...

I have my Skydio, Mavic 2 Zoom and Spark all insured with State Farm. Covers fly aways and also damage repair, cost about $175/year. The only possible problem with the Skydio would be getting a replacement since they are so far behind on orders.

Honestly, I’ve purchased Refresh with every drone I’ve bought from DJI. Never once have I had to use it. I’ve also bought the second year with these quads and never used it. At $500, it seems like out of the box sticker shock, perhaps hoping that no one will opt in. I’m on the wall...

Yea me too! The math is pretty good after you break it down but it's a lot if you don't use it. My main problem is the lack of clarity as to what it covers and how? I have an email to them, so I'll update if I get an answer.

I have my Skydio, Mavic 2 Zoom and Spark all insured with State Farm. Covers fly aways and also damage repair, cost about $175/year. The only possible problem with the Skydio would be getting a replacement since they are so far behind on orders.

The replacement thing may be a problem but that applies no matter who is paying for it. I would think that someone that paid $500 for the warranty with a promise of fast service, would get a drone right away and the orders would be bumped by one.

So has anyone ponied up the $500 and why? I'm starting to think that it may be a good idea!

My main hesitation is that I can't seem to find out what it covers exactly. It's says it's good for 2 years, costs $500 and they'll ship me a "new" drone before I ship them mine. Which sounds pretty good but, how many times will they do this in the 2 years? There's no mention of a deductable, Yea or nay. What happens if I don't send a broken drone back to them? At first I laughed at the idea but recent events have changed my mind. Plus if you do the math, it's not really more expensive than two years of DJI Care Refresh plus the deductables for three replacements.

For $57 a year I bought policy with State Farm for my Mavic Pro.....I used it 5 months after I bought it. It was worth every penny.

For $57 a year I bought policy with State Farm for my Mavic Pro.....I used it 5 months after I bought it. It was worth every penny.

Yep, State Farm is great but not everyone can get it for drones so...

Yep, State Farm is great but not everyone can get it for drones so...

Hey Lon, why is it that everyone can't get State Farm? Do you need to have all you policies with them? I've been with American Family forever but would probably change.

Hey Lon, why is it that everyone can't get State Farm? Do you need to have all you policies with them? I've been with American Family forever but would probably change.

It's not available in all states. You'll have to check with them. FYI if you do live in an eligible state, it can be a stand alone policy that doesn't require you to carry any other products from them.

I got it with the Pro Kit. My first drone had a hardware issue and it was replaced promptly (and before they had received mine back) once we tried a few things to confirm it wasn’t anything I was doing.

Reactions: samsipe
I got it with the Pro Kit. My first drone had a hardware issue and it was replaced promptly (and before they had received mine back) once we tried a few things to confirm it wasn’t anything I was doing.

That's pretty cool but Billy Kyle and a couple others are claiming that Skydio does this with all of its customers so the Premier service is basically an extension of their standard warranty. That's why I purchased everything separately and saved the $500.

That's pretty cool but Billy Kyle and a couple others are claiming that Skydio does this with all of its customers so the Premier service is basically an extension of their standard warranty. That's why I purchased everything separately and saved the $500.
Fair enough. They’ve been helpful and responsive for me, maybe they’re like that for everyone, but I’m happy with the service I’ve received so far in any event.

Fair enough. They’ve been helpful and responsive for me, maybe they’re like that for everyone, but I’m happy with the service I’ve received so far in any event.

Oh without a doubt! Skydio's customer service is top notch! John in customer service is probably one of the most sincere CSRs I've ever dealt with regardless of industry. If I have any critique, I wish it was more of a no questions asked, insurance style warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup