Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio2+controller+android via USB-C: Does Android recognize controller? yes*xx/No *xx?

JoeydDetroit

Reaction score
When I had my old LG Android phone with Micro-USB The controller was recognized by it and life was wonderful. One day I had to buy a new Android, the LG K50, It has a USB-C connector. The new Android with the USB-C connector has never recognized the controller being plugged in and I just can't use them together.
Skydio's solution was to send me a new controller, which also was never recognized by the USB-C having Android. In between time the Skydio2 itself was damaged in a crash from trying to grab land it out from in front of a hilo. It took several months for Skydio to send me a replacement which had a horrible fan noise, costing another few months waiting for another new one. During this meantime a got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 to use with the controller whenever the drone comes back.

It finally arrived yesterday. Welcome 2ed7 to the family. 1st thing I did after charging the batteries on everything was 1 connect the Tablet to the Drone OK. It refused to fly in my kitchen but it could have and that's the important part. Next we connect the controller to the Skydio, watch the pretty lights change color as it updates then plug the controller into the tablet... Nothing... replug it.... nothing... replug the other end... nothing. Same thing as the LG K50 USB-C phone; It no recognize the controller via USB-C. Why would 2 controllers and 2 devices have the same problem unless it was in the software? Has Skydio EVER TESTED Android devices with USB-C with the controller?

QUESTIONS:
Does anyone else have an Android device with USB-C and a controller?
Of those who do, Does the Android device recognize your controller being plugged in?

Does ANYONE else have an Android device with USB-C and a controller and the device does NOT recognize the controller being plugged in?
In both cases please specify which kind and model of Android Device with USB-C you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgilbertsen
I have several Samsung android phone and a tablet. All work with or without the controller. My earlier phone had micro USB and I had difficulty finding a cable that worked. Most of the time I fly using the Samsung s5e, 10.5" tablet. The only issue I have is that the tablet always tries to connect by WiFi even though it is connected to the controller and WiFi is turned off on the tablet. I find that if I connect the controller to the drone first and then connect the tablet to the controller, it works correctly. I have installed a switch on my controller so that I can turn it on and off with the tablet attached.

So you're saying you have several devices that work with the controller and at least some of them are Micro-USB?

How many Android devices with USB-C do you have and do any of them work with the controller?

When I had my old LG Android phone with Micro-USB The controller was recognized by it and life was wonderful. One day I had to buy a new Android, the LG K50, It has a USB-C connector. The new Android with the USB-C connector has never recognized the controller being plugged in and I just can't use them together.
Skydio's solution was to send me a new controller, which also was never recognized by the USB-C having Android. In between time the Skydio2 itself was damaged in a crash from trying to grab land it out from in front of a hilo. It took several months for Skydio to send me a replacement which had a horrible fan noise, costing another few months waiting for another new one. During this meantime a got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 to use with the controller whenever the drone comes back.

It finally arrived yesterday. Welcome 2ed7 to the family. 1st thing I did after charging the batteries on everything was 1 connect the Tablet to the Drone OK. It refused to fly in my kitchen but it could have and that's the important part. Next we connect the controller to the Skydio, watch the pretty lights change color as it updates then plug the controller into the tablet... Nothing... replug it.... nothing... replug the other end... nothing. Same thing as the LG K50 USB-C phone; It no recognize the controller via USB-C. Why would 2 controllers and 2 devices have the same problem unless it was in the software? Has Skydio EVER TESTED Android devices with USB-C with the controller?

QUESTIONS:
Of those who do, Does the Android device recognize your controller being plugged in?

Does ANYONE else have an Android device with USB-C and a controller and the device does NOT recognize the controller being plugged in?
In both cases please specify which kind and model of Android Device with USB-C you have.
I had problems with my setup early on, and Skydio recommended I try replacing the USB-C cord with one from Amazon. It came as a pack of 3 cords and you really only need the 1 foot piece. It's worked fine ever since.

JSAUX USB C to USB C Cable 60W, 3-Pack [6.6ft+3.3ft+1ft ] Type C Fast Charging Cord Charger​

Reactions: Ridefreak
So you're saying you have several devices that work with the controller and at least some of them are Micro-USB?

How many Android devices with USB-C do you have and do any of them work with the controller?
Two of my phones and the tablet are USB C. All work with he controller.

I fly with a Tripltek Tablet with USB-C. It is recognized without any issues via a USB-C to USB-C cable.

As others have suggested.... I would try a couple of different cables before doing other troubleshooting.

My current Android is USB-C, my previous pixel 3 was USB-C also, no issues with ether but none would work with anything but SDs cable. With all the different devices that it won't work on for you I also suspect a cable issue.
I had problems with my setup early on, and Skydio recommended I try replacing the USB-C cord with one from Amazon. It came as a pack of 3 cords and you really only need the 1 foot piece. It's worked fine ever since.

JSAUX USB C to USB C Cable 60W, 3-Pack [6.6ft+3.3ft+1ft ] Type C Fast Charging Cord Charger​

Can you include a link for that specific item, went on Amazon and found allot of JSAUX USBC to USBC but none with the combination of lengths yours has. I'm most interested in the 1' version and I'm hesitant to try a different brand.

My current Android is USB-C, my previous pixel 3 was USB-C also, no issues with ether but none would work with anything but SDs cable. With all the different devices that it won't work on for you I also suspect a cable issue.

Can you include a link for that specific item, went on Amazon and found allot of JSAUX USBC to USBC but none with the combination of lengths yours has. I'm most interested in the 1' version and I'm hesitant to try a different brand.
Let's see if this link works...
JSAUX USB C to USB C Cable 60W, 3-Pack [6.6ft+3.3ft+1ft ] Type C Fast Charging Cord Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21 S21+ S21 Ultra S20 Plus S20+ Note 20 10, Google Pixel 6 5 4 3 2 XL-Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YXX8VJ...t_i_5WAT313AKT7SYDKJ313E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Ridefreak
Thanks, I ordered a set. I needed a spare for trips and I've been using a 3' cable with the controller which was a pita.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup