Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio2 viewing video problems

AKnarrowback

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Bear with me since I am not a computer guy, hopefully the answer is simple.

I have the Drone, a Samsung s9 phone and a Samsung Tab A tablet. This is the extent of my "computers" I have available. I do not have a regular computer.

I shot one video with the drone and was able to download it onto the phone and play it without a problem.

I downloaded the video to the tablet and when I go to play it it says "this type of video not supported" and, of course, will not play it.

Can someone with some understanding of file types and processors, etc tell me if that tablet is capable of playing the video? I know the tablet is not that amazing being the bottom of the line for Samsung and I'm guessing it just might not have the specs to run certain videos.

I do not know the environment, but I'll pass on what I know.

The files do say "mp4", the tablet should play these.

The "codec"? Is set to h264 on the drone, so I'm guessing the video is saved that way.

I can play gopro 5 videos on the tablet shot with the h264 codec so I'm guessing The SD2 videos should work?

If I play a video shot in the h265 codec the tablet says "this codec not supported". The sd2 video only says "this file type not supported". This makes me think that the sd2 video us in the h264 codec but SOMETHING else us different blocking the sd2 video from running on the basic tablet.

I believe that the sd2 video is MP4 and h264. This is the same as the gopro 5 videos that play on the tablet, but the sf2 videos will not.

Any ideas? It's okay to say "quit being cheap and buy a real computer".

Thanks for looking any for any ideas.

John

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

Bear with me since I am not a computer guy, hopefully the answer is simple.

I have the Drone, a Samsung s9 phone and a Samsung Tab A tablet. This is the extent of my "computers" I have available. I do not have a regular computer.

I shot one video with the drone and was able to download it onto the phone and play it without a problem.

I downloaded the video to the tablet and when I go to play it it says "this type of video not supported" and, of course, will not play it.

Can someone with some understanding of file types and processors, etc tell me if that tablet is capable of playing the video? I know the tablet is not that amazing being the bottom of the line for Samsung and I'm guessing it just might not have the specs to run certain videos.

I do not know the environment, but I'll pass on what I know.

The files do say "mp4", the tablet should play these.

The "codec"? Is set to h264 on the drone, so I'm guessing the video is saved that way.

I can play gopro 5 videos on the tablet shot with the h264 codec so I'm guessing The SD2 videos should work?

If I play a video shot in the h265 codec the tablet says "this codec not supported". The sd2 video only says "this file type not supported". This makes me think that the sd2 video us in the h264 codec but SOMETHING else us different blocking the sd2 video from running on the basic tablet.

I believe that the sd2 video is MP4 and h264. This is the same as the gopro 5 videos that play on the tablet, but the sf2 videos will not.

Any ideas? It's okay to say "quit being cheap and buy a real computer".

Thanks for looking any for any ideas.

John
John,
Take a look at a copy of the Skydio Users manual (copy below) that outlines what device specs are required to run the Skydio App.

If your Android tablet doesn't meet the "basic" Android requirements listed, getting answers to the other specs questions you ask about are irrelevant.

Attachments

• Device Reqts for Skydio 2 App    2020-12-02 11_31_31-Skydio 2 App Compatibility – Skydio — Moz...png
    Device Reqts for Skydio 2 App 2020-12-02 11_31_31-Skydio 2 App Compatibility – Skydio — Moz...png
    117 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

Your answer made me realize I neglected to give one piece of information that is very important, but may also answer my question.

I can view the videos using the Skydio app. When I load the videos onto the tablet and use the viewing app that came pre-installed I get the error message.....

Which makes me think it is just the default samsung app and I need to find a better video/photo app for the tablet.

Been isolating with Covid for the last week and do not have wifi to load an app on the tablet. Have to pull the truck battery out, it's dead and it's -30 out, charge it, get the truck started, drive to the local coffee shop, sit in the parking lot, mooch off their wifi and download a better player.

Warm weather comes back tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply my Friend.

John

Reactions: Ridefreak
Thanks for the reply.

Your answer made me realize I neglected to give one piece of information that is very important, but may also answer my question.

I can view the videos using the Skydio app. When I load the videos onto the tablet and use the viewing app that came pre-installed I get the error message.....

Which makes me think it is just the default samsung app and I need to find a better video/photo app for the tablet.

Been isolating with Covid for the last week and do not have wifi to load an app on the tablet. Have to pull the truck battery out, it's dead and it's -30 out, charge it, get the truck started, drive to the local coffee shop, sit in the parking lot, mooch off their wifi and download a better player.

Warm weather comes back tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply my Friend.

John
a bit off topic but you "NEED" STARLINK internet. www.starlink.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup