Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Smooth Mode

paularity

Reaction score

This is a quick 1km downwind run on my new Fliteboard Ultra with speeds averaging 30kph

No drones were harmed in the making of this video

It was a good opportunity to test out Skydio’s new updated ‘smooth mode’

Trying my best to trick the robot in fixed tracking from position 1 - 5m behind with the height floor turned off!

Shot on Skydio 2+ - Beacon only - 4k60p 1/120th ND16 filter

Any queries shoot me a DM @paularity_ on Instagram or check out all my Reels!

Looks good

I like that, the transitions from side to back are more fluid. Is this a brand new setting in the app? I didn't notice it poking around after what I thought was the last update but I haven't turned it on in 3 or 4 weeks.

I like that, the transitions from side to back are more fluid. Is this a brand new setting in the app? I didn't notice it poking around after what I thought was the last update but I haven't turned it on in 3 or 4 weeks.
From the Skydio Support page

"By default, your drone will capture footage with smoother camera movements when tracking a subject, even if the subject is changing direction quickly and frequently (such as when skiing or biking).
Available when flying in Fixed Track or Motion Track
Toggle off within the Skill settings"

seems a tab bit better wouldnt you say?
Yeah I think it's a bit better at lateral direction changes, considering the windspeed etc. but nothing radically different

That looks like a noticeable improvement epsecially when you consider all of the side to side movements. Normally it would be bobbing around but it handled the transitions very well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr