Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Elephant Rocks Fliteboard Skydio Shoot

paularity

Reaction score

With the Redbull illume 2023 Image Quest about to open submissions next month I've had a few crew who have asked how I go about some of my Fliteboard / Skydio 2+ solo shoots

Combing back through the last 18 months or so of footage that will be eligible and competition worthy - the scenic locations I have foiled on my Fliteboard in WA during COVID border closures are some of the best in the world

Since my family lives in Denmark and I was down there for Easter I had plans to re-visit the famous Elephant Rocks for this novelty session

As the 'dronie' skill is probably my signature go-to shot because it's easy to implement with Beacon only flights - I decided to do a raw drone flight with audio from my Instamic Pro+ and narrate what's involved in framing a cool shot

Unfortunately I got skunked on 3 consecutive early morning sunrise sessions over the long weekend by the fickle weather - resulting in overcast, flat lighting and garbage exposure, but I thought people will still get some info out of this flight

Settings - 4k60p 1/120th no ND filter (too low light, but still over exposure with the glare grrr!)

Any queries shoot me a DM @paularity_ on Instagram or check out all my Reels!

I've just started posting longer form content on my YouTube channel more frequently if you feel like subscribing

Awesome

With the Redbull illume 2023 Image Quest about to open submissions next month I've had a few crew who have asked how I go about some of my Fliteboard / Skydio 2+ solo shoots

Combing back through the last 18 months or so of footage that will be eligible and competition worthy - the scenic locations I have foiled on my Fliteboard in WA during COVID border closures are some of the best in the world

Since my family lives in Denmark and I was down there for Easter I had plans to re-visit the famous Elephant Rocks for this novelty session

As the 'dronie' skill is probably my signature go-to shot because it's easy to implement with Beacon only flights - I decided to do a raw drone flight with audio from my Instamic Pro+ and narrate what's involved in framing a cool shot

Unfortunately I got skunked on 3 consecutive early morning sunrise sessions over the long weekend by the fickle weather - resulting in overcast, flat lighting and garbage exposure, but I thought people will still get some info out of this flight

Settings - 4k60p 1/120th no ND filter (too low light, but still over exposure with the glare grrr!)

Any queries shoot me a DM @paularity_ on Instagram or check out all my Reels!

I've just started posting longer form content on my YouTube channel more frequently if you feel like subscribing
Great stuff! Not to be confused with the other, well-known _Anal Rocks... 😉

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES