Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Something big is coming...

clearing stock prior to a new release early next year...

same thing happened in 2021, but that was also to do with the chip shortage and they temporarily raised, then dropped the price

also Low Battery Auto RTH was mentioned in the Instagram post - that is pretty relevant to my use case!
Just wondering, are you sure they'll have a new drone early next year, or if it's just anticipation?

Cheers.

Skydio now says something coming 12/7. Have to wait hate giving anymore money to DJI.
Anyone have any input on 12/7?

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom
Skydio now says something coming 12/7. Have to wait hate giving anymore money to DJI.
Anyone have any input on 12/7?
yeah im not yet ready for anything new (hw) from skydio; s2+ is fine; winter is coming. sw is always good....

Reactions: BlueHeeler
I am pretty certain it has nothing to do with new drone. The confirmation I received back after registering for the Dec 7th release, said it was ‘Dock Day’. If you watch the teaser video it show a enclosed dock unit that opens on a drawer mechanism and then shows a Skydio flying out of it. Looks like a remote docking station that enables the Skydio to fly fully autonomous without user input. Like you would program times of the day that you want the Skydio to fly probably on a set pattern each time to scan the area. I don‘t now exactly what the target market or use is? Maybe physical inspections of like oil rigs, or something that has to be checked several times a day or documented? Maybe a new home security system that monitors your house and property???? Maybe remote fire watch towers in mountains and you could launch the drone remotely to scan for activity? I have included screenshot of response I received back in email.

FDDC584A-E23D-41DC-8C23-1F2ECA4906B9.jpeg

They have a video that came out about 3 years ago showing the dock, I thought it was already an option.

I guess it took awhile to make it into production.

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom
lol are those bricks covering for the manual operation on that dock? ;)
It looks like they just set the dock on something for the demo and needed to weigh it down. Kinda cheesy.

I beleive you are all correct this is for autonomus docking product. I would like to see US company make it. Great product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES