Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Suddenly stopped connecting to the app

RidingOnEggshells

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new here, come to pick your brains. I have a Skydio 2 and think it's great. It still flies, if I control it with the beacon, and the controller also works, but the app doesn't.

I can't connect via wifi to the drone directly (well I can, but the app doesn't recognise it even though my phone does). I can't connect wired to the controller (well it does but then says 'connecting' forever even though an Android notification pops up saying 'Drone connected'), and I can't connect to the beacon from the phone (again I can see the wifi and connect to it in Android settings, but the app doesn't recognise it). I'm on a world trip and am wondering if this is some Nerf in India, as I've just arrived here...

I've tried reinstalling the app and restarting the drone, controller and beacon. I don't know how to factory reset the drone, without connecting to it; and don't think that's the problem given it doesn't properly connect to the beacon or the controller via wired connection. I'm stumped.

Hi all I'm new here, come to pick your brains. I have a Skydio 2 and think it's great. It still flies, if I control it with the beacon, and the controller also works, but the app doesn't.

I can't connect via wifi to the drone directly (well I can, but the app doesn't recognise it even though my phone does). I can't connect wired to the controller (well it does but then says 'connecting' forever even though an Android notification pops up saying 'Drone connected'), and I can't connect to the beacon from the phone (again I can see the wifi and connect to it in Android settings, but the app doesn't recognise it). I'm on a world trip and am wondering if this is some Nerf in India, as I've just arrived here...

I've tried reinstalling the app and restarting the drone, controller and beacon. I don't know how to factory reset the drone, without connecting to it; and don't think that's the problem given it doesn't properly connect to the beacon or the controller via wired connection. I'm stumped.
Did you change the Wifi password? Many of us had difficulties when that feature was fist available, me included. I figured out in my case it's best to leave it at the default, during one of the updates it erased the drone's stored wifi info. The other thing that I figured out that's served me well is to disable phone's auto connect to the drone itself, I've left the auto-connect turned on with the beacon's wi-fi because if that's available I'll be using it but I don't want the drone to connect to the phone automatically since it will screw up the beacon's connection when I'm using that method of control. I have the app set to remember the drone's default password.

When I connect with the app I open the app, turn on the drone, then go straight into the phone's wifi ignoring the app and watch for the drone's network to appear in the phone's list. Select connect and watch for the message that says the network is connected then go back in to the app, the user name and PW was already remembered in the wifi connection on the phone. At that point going back to the app, it will have a wifi login screen, I cancel the screen asking for the drone name and PW and it jumps right into connected. Going the other route, connecting to the wifi through the app takes longer and often the drone will time and turn off meaning you have to start over.

I also found it very beneficial to just sit the done on the ground and practice these steps with no intention of taking off, I repeated the process 3 or 4 times with the drone just sitting there. Next time when I went out the whole process was very straight forward.

Another thing to consider is always connecting the beacon up to the drone first and always connecting the app to the beacon for everything but when using the controller, the beacon adds allot of range to the app so there's obviously a better wi-fi connection then the phone itself.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing some SD2 vids of your travels.

Reactions: kgilbertsen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES