Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Time lapse feature on Skydio 2+ product page

RiverEagle

Reaction score
Website
alongtheray.com
Hi folks, see attached -- I notice reference to time lapse recording on the Skydio 2+ page (Skydio 2+) but I can't seem to find any further details on Skydio's website or support pages.

Has anyone seen or used this or is it a brand new feature?

Thanks!
Ray

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 5.22.14 PM.jpg

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
OK so this got me puzzeled as well so started doing some research. First and foremost, there is no clear instruction how to do this. There is no ’Timelapse’ mode you can select unlike DJI drones. The only thing I can ascertain is that you sort of have to do this manually. You have to select the cable cam function, set up your shot. Then you select camera instead of video and you select interval for photos to be taken. The one thing that I really do not understand is what happens after this? Do you have to import into a editing program and stitch them together in video form. It cannot be this difficult?

Reactions: KAPture3Designs
OK so this got me puzzeled as well so started doing some research. First and foremost, there is no clear instruction how to do this. There is no ’Timelapse’ mode you can select unlike DJI drones. The only thing I can ascertain is that you sort of have to do this manually. You have to select the cable cam function, set up your shot. Then you select camera instead of video and you select interval for photos to be taken. The one thing that I really do not understand is what happens after this? Do you have to import into a editing program and stitch them together in video form. It cannot be this difficult?
I haven't tried it but under Photo settings is your interval photos selection. It is not automatically stitched like on DJI. You would take a pile of interval photos and dump them into an editor like Davinci Resolve which would fairly easily put them all together.

Aahhhh I bet that’s it. Will have to give it a try. I use PhotoRaw ON1 which supports this sort of thing quite easily.

Ray

I did a manual time lapse awhile back, used some 120FPS GoPro video, all manual. It was easy to pull a sequence of pics into the timeline in order. Welcome to New Mexico :)

Reactions: gsrider
@Ridefreak Niiiiiice! And New Mexico is one of my favorite places to nomad in, esp. in the winter season. We will have to look each other up whenever I'm yer neck of the woods.

BTW what is the difference between interval/time lapse and hyperlapse? Seems they produce similar results.

Ray

Reactions: Ridefreak
@Ridefreak Niiiiiice! And New Mexico is one of my favorite places to nomad in, esp. in the winter season. We will have to look each other up whenever I'm yer neck of the woods.

BTW what is the difference between interval/time lapse and hyperlapse? Seems they produce similar results.

Ray
They do very similar functions, hyperlapse does some smoothing between the shots it takes and time lapse of course is shots taken at an interval with no smoothing. If I need detail in a particular scene or period of time I'll often use regular video mode and create the time lapse during editing. These days with the big memory cards and good batteries it's easy to make a timelapse out of regular video. I often do it for scenes where I want to show the content but don't want to spend use allot of the videos time.

Ray
I haven't forgotten i owe you that thing RE!

As someone who used to fly Timelapse completely manually, including flight speed (.5 m/s), firing photos in intervals of your choosing, no “cruise control” or waypoints, the SkyDio /+ can do a lot, but it will
Not present you with a nice stable 1080p Timelapse like DJI. DJI can do this because the images are being taken at 5.5K resolution, so dropping it to 1080 to make steady is a PIECE OF CAKE. If you really want to learn how to aerial lapse, Brian Bloss taught me (Long live the Legend), you want to be in full control, use LRTIMELAPSE Pro, Warp Stabilize in Premiere, and export in the original resolution while getting rid of the flicker. I would try using the keyframe feature since it incrementally moves the drone and camera and just fire a DNG photo every 2-3 seconds.
Hi folks, see attached -- I notice reference to time lapse recording on the Skydio 2+ page (Skydio 2+) but I can't seem to find any further details on Skydio's website or support pages.

Has anyone seen or used this or is it a brand new feature?

Thanks!
Ray

View attachment 572
go old school like Brian Bloss and I did, Long live the legend. Set key frames or waypoints or whatever and fire the photos manually, in DNG. Use LRTIMELAPSE to export in full resolution, DJI only gives you 1080p.

Reactions: Ridefreak
Aahhhh I bet that’s it. Will have to give it a try. I use PhotoRaw ON1 which supports this sort of thing quite easily.

Ray
Hey brother, I have been using LRTineLapse Pro since Mavic 1 days before DJI took the 5.5K lapse and stabilized it by making it 1080p (how easy is that when you actually think about it???). With LRTimeLapse Pro (worth every penny) you can export in the full 5K for Mavic2 Pro, my A7RIII I can export in 8K, and EVO II Pro in 6K, in ProRes, H.264, and more. 100% worth the money, used in conjunction with LR Classic, Adobe DNG, and Premiere for stabilizing. Also by using the RAW files, LRTL incrementally changes the settings on every photos for no flickering and the HOLY GRAIL, day to night. PRO TIP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup