Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Trouble connecting controller

w8ZUpMs8

Reaction score
iOS app 5.41.2(0) latest on store

already tested and flown using just the App

I paired the Controller to the Skydio 2 using USB-C cable, got the Blue Light on controller

When phone is connected to Skydio 2 via WiFi, I open the controller--App then prompts to "Turn off Wifi and connect to controller"

I plug in the USB-C to Lightning cable from controller to iphone

Nothing!

The app just keeps displaying that same message "Turn off Wifi and connect to controller"

any ideas?

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
You must connect the drone to the controller first as you did, wait for the constant blue light indicating it's connected. Then take your phone, turn off it's wifi, open the skydio app and connect the USB-c cable from the phone to the controller. The system doesn't want the phone's wifi on when using the controller.

Reactions: Blue Bird

w8ZUpMs8

Reaction score
@Ridefreak ok I just tried that--still no iPhone/Drone connection.

I even updated to the new iOS app that was just poste.

I even tried a different iPhone—both don’t connect.

I guess I got a bad controller

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
That sucks w8z

You obviously did the initial pair between the SD2 and the Controller right? Have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode? I flew yesterday using the controller and watched the steps to make sure I described them to you right. I connected twice and both time it was exactly the same. The one thing I noted, when I landed to change the battery, I left the controller turned on while the SD2 was shut down and restarted. When the sd2 came back up I waited about a min to see if it would connect and it didn't. I closed the lid on the controller and opened it back up (forcing a reboot) and it connected normally, white Led turned blue, blinked for about 20 secs then went solid blue.

w8ZUpMs8

Reaction score
Bad cable!

There is a Lightning cable in the Skydio Controller box—make sure you use that one.

It worked fine with the Skydio short cable, didn’t work with an Apple branded cable.

ZBlackwood

Reaction score
I just got my Skdyio today and had trouble with the USB-C to C cable for my phone. Ran into the opposite scenario where a different cable worked better, but I think the port on my phone may be a bit loose since the connection gets lost super easily, but the cable that came with the Controller doesn't work with my phone specifically. Haven't been able to test it on a different device yet.

Jim

Reaction score
Also don’t just turn off the WiFi, turn off cellular - with cellular on, it sometimes drops the connection (both the Beacon and the Controller, sometimes even from short distances) but I have not had it drop once with the phone in Airplane mode,.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2manyfries