Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Trouble connecting controller

w8ZUpMs8

Reaction score
iOS app 5.41.2(0) latest on store

already tested and flown using just the App

I paired the Controller to the Skydio 2 using USB-C cable, got the Blue Light on controller

When phone is connected to Skydio 2 via WiFi, I open the controller--App then prompts to "Turn off Wifi and connect to controller"

I plug in the USB-C to Lightning cable from controller to iphone

Nothing!

The app just keeps displaying that same message "Turn off Wifi and connect to controller"

any ideas?

You must connect the drone to the controller first as you did, wait for the constant blue light indicating it's connected. Then take your phone, turn off it's wifi, open the skydio app and connect the USB-c cable from the phone to the controller. The system doesn't want the phone's wifi on when using the controller.

Reactions: Blue Bird
@Ridefreak ok I just tried that--still no iPhone/Drone connection.

I even updated to the new iOS app that was just poste.

I even tried a different iPhone—both don’t connect.

I guess I got a bad controller

That sucks w8z

You obviously did the initial pair between the SD2 and the Controller right? Have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode? I flew yesterday using the controller and watched the steps to make sure I described them to you right. I connected twice and both time it was exactly the same. The one thing I noted, when I landed to change the battery, I left the controller turned on while the SD2 was shut down and restarted. When the sd2 came back up I waited about a min to see if it would connect and it didn't. I closed the lid on the controller and opened it back up (forcing a reboot) and it connected normally, white Led turned blue, blinked for about 20 secs then went solid blue.

Bad cable!

There is a Lightning cable in the Skydio Controller box—make sure you use that one.

It worked fine with the Skydio short cable, didn’t work with an Apple branded cable.

I just got my Skdyio today and had trouble with the USB-C to C cable for my phone. Ran into the opposite scenario where a different cable worked better, but I think the port on my phone may be a bit loose since the connection gets lost super easily, but the cable that came with the Controller doesn't work with my phone specifically. Haven't been able to test it on a different device yet.

Also don’t just turn off the WiFi, turn off cellular - with cellular on, it sometimes drops the connection (both the Beacon and the Controller, sometimes even from short distances) but I have not had it drop once with the phone in Airplane mode,.

Reactions: richinAZ
iOS app 5.41.2(0) latest on store

already tested and flown using just the App

I paired the Controller to the Skydio 2 using USB-C cable, got the Blue Light on controller

When phone is connected to Skydio 2 via WiFi, I open the controller--App then prompts to "Turn off Wifi and connect to controller"

I plug in the USB-C to Lightning cable from controller to iphone

Nothing!

The app just keeps displaying that same message "Turn off Wifi and connect to controller"

any ideas?
Hey man did you ever figure out what the problem was? I have the same issue and its very frustrating! What I dont understand is I'm told to disconnect the wifi but when I do that the app reconnects the wifi to the drone so I'm a bit confused as to how turning off the wifi works as a solution? If I turn off the wifi then I cannot connect the app to the drone. PLEASE HELP!

Hey man did you ever figure out what the problem was? I have the same issue and its very frustrating! What I dont understand is I'm told to disconnect the wifi but when I do that the app reconnects the wifi to the drone so I'm a bit confused as to how turning off the wifi works as a solution? If I turn off the wifi then I cannot connect the app to the drone. PLEASE HELP!
I'm not sure, but if you set your WiFi to NOT autoconnect to the Skydio, it let's you connect when YOU want it to...

I'm not sure, but if you set your WiFi to NOT autoconnect to the Skydio, it let's you connect when YOU want it to...
you're right and I tried this before. When phone is connected to Skydio 2 via WiFi, I open the controller--App then prompts to "Turn off Wifi and connect to controller" If i turn off the wifi it then disconnects from the drone and it prompts me to connect then join the drone wifi .... sorry this just frustrates me and makes no sense. I kinda miss my Mavic at this point lol

you're right and I tried this before. When phone is connected to Skydio 2 via WiFi, I open the controller--App then prompts to "Turn off Wifi and connect to controller" If i turn off the wifi it then disconnects from the drone and it prompts me to connect then join the drone wifi .... sorry this just frustrates me and makes no sense. I kinda miss my Mavic at this point lol
I have no previous drone experience so I don't know how good or bad it is...
Skydio has told me to Start the drone, Open the controller, and then Open the App & connect to the controller (or the drone, I'm not positive). Then turn on wifi. It has been working. Seems very specific for sure.

No tengo experiencia previa con drones, así que no sé qué tan bueno o malo es ...
Skydio me ha dicho que inicie el dron, abra el controlador y luego abra la aplicación y me conecte al controlador (o al dron, no estoy seguro). Luego enciende el wifi. Ha estado funcionando. Seguro que parece muy específico.
tienes configurado en el telefono la conexión otg.

Oye, ¿alguna vez averiguaste cuál era el problema? ¡Tengo el mismo problema y es muy frustrante! Lo que no entiendo es que me dicen que desconecte el wifi, pero cuando lo hago, la aplicación vuelve a conectar el wifi al dron, así que estoy un poco confundido sobre cómo apagar el wifi funciona como una solución. Si apago el wifi, no puedo conectar la aplicación al dron. ¡POR FAVOR AYUDA!
comprueba si tienes activada en el telefono la conexión otg y depuración de usb.

Bad cable!

There is a Lightning cable in the Skydio Controller box—make sure you use that one.

It worked fine with the Skydio short cable, didn’t work with an Apple branded cable.
I am having the same problem. The drone works fine with my android phone but won't connect to the controller on an Iphone 11. I suspect its the usb c to lighting cable that is the trouble. I am currently waiting for a cable from Skidio. Hopefully it won't take months to get.

Use the iPhone cable that came with Skydio

An authentic Apple branded cable did NOT work!

I am having the same problem. The drone works fine with my android phone but won't connect to the controller on an Iphone 11. I suspect its the usb c to lighting cable that is the trouble. I am currently waiting for a cable from Skidio. Hopefully it won't take months to get.
It was the USB-C to lighting cables I had. I was in a pinch and needed the drone to work with with an Apple iPhone instead of my Samsung android phone. I bought three different USB-C to lighting cables that all claimed to be made for the iPhone, one was from apple, all were MFi certified, etc. None of them worked. I order the USB-C cable from Skydio, fortunately it came fairly quickly and it works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spad