Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Unable to Join Network

ngengs

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got my SD2 and I am trying to connect the app to the drone but I am encountering connectivity issues. I followed all the set up instructions, provided my email, agreed to access to phone's microphone, agreed to the terms and policy, etc. I then input the wifi name and password on the drone on the prompt, but got "Unable to join the Network". Then I checked my wifi setting on my phone and it shows a different wifi name "Skydio2-f9bw".

Attached are screenshots showing the problem. Has anyone experience this when they first got their drone? Help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• sd2wifi on drone.jpg
    sd2wifi on drone.jpg
    882.8 KB · Views: 11
  • unable to join.jpg
    unable to join.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 10
  • diff wifi name.jpg
    diff wifi name.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 11
Try following the setup instructions again but only after deleting the incorrect Skydio wifi address from your phone.
To remove the incorrect address from your phone carefully follow these steps....

Delete the Skydio App from your phone
Power down your phone
Wait one minute
Power up your phone
Confirm that that Skydio App is no longer on your phone
Download the current Skydio App from the appropriate website (Android or iOS)
Load the App and carefully follow the setup instructions again.

Suggest you also look at this well made YT video before trying the above.... part of the video clearly shows the wifi setup steps you need to go thru to connect to your Skydio's wifi.

Last edited:
Firstly, thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested, but got the same result. I know that it is unlikely, but I think that it might be the wifi name and password on the drone that is wrong because after I posted the first thread above, I then paired the beacon with the drone. I turned the beacon and the drone off, went outside and powered them up again.

When the drone started up, it was looking for the wifi name on the phone, Skydio2-f9bw. When it was "ready to fly", I pressed the button and it took off. After a little less than a minute, I landed it because I was not familiar with the beacon yet. After reading the user guid again and watching the video that you attached, knowing that I followed it properly, I went out again to test it again. But before doing so, I paired my phone with the beacon. After a few minutes with the beacon trying to synce with the drone it was finally ready to fly, I pressed the button and it launched. This time, I tried a couple of the functions and it worked. I took the sd card out and viewed the video on the computer.

I then paired the remote controller, but it too required the wifi name Skydio2-f9bw. I sent an email to skydio help desk, but have not heard from them yet. I hope they have a fix.

If your beacon, controller and phone end up having full functionality it'll be interesting to hear how Skydio responds to your question(s).

Firstly, thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested, but got the same result. I know that it is unlikely, but I think that it might be the wifi name and password on the drone that is wrong because after I posted the first thread above, I then paired the beacon with the drone. I turned the beacon and the drone off, went outside and powered them up again.

When the drone started up, it was looking for the wifi name on the phone, Skydio2-f9bw. When it was "ready to fly", I pressed the button and it took off. After a little less than a minute, I landed it because I was not familiar with the beacon yet. After reading the user guid again and watching the video that you attached, knowing that I followed it properly, I went out again to test it again. But before doing so, I paired my phone with the beacon. After a few minutes with the beacon trying to synce with the drone it was finally ready to fly, I pressed the button and it launched. This time, I tried a couple of the functions and it worked. I took the sd card out and viewed the video on the computer.

I then paired the remote controller, but it too required the wifi name Skydio2-f9bw. I sent an email to skydio help desk, but have not heard from them yet. I hope they have a fix.
Looks like they just got the wrong sticker on the drone. Try connecting the phone to the drone directly with a usb cable.

Skydio, if I sent you a couple of emails and a chat message.... Help!

Skydio sent me a return label for the drone. They will have a look at it. I just sent it back via fedex and was told that once they have confirmation that fedex has received it, they will send a new one expediently,
Props to Connie from SD.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup