Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Update on Skydio Telemetry

And it works... and shows, clearly, how "slow" the drone is to respond to commands from the phone (when flying as a controller; like for visual inspection). Hopefully, the controller will be more responsive. The problem is that when I say "go up" and then release the command when it's at, say 200 ft, the drone keeps going up to 230 feet or more. Similarly to moving fore/aft or side to side. Could be this is a function of the UI and/or WiFi radio, but it's not really acceptable for doing visual inspections. I'll wait for the controller to see if that's more precise before determining if this is useful for that scenario or not.

And it works... and shows, clearly, how "slow" the drone is to respond to commands from the phone (when flying as a controller; like for visual inspection). Hopefully, the controller will be more responsive. The problem is that when I say "go up" and then release the command when it's at, say 200 ft, the drone keeps going up to 230 feet or more. Similarly to moving fore/aft or side to side. Could be this is a function of the UI and/or WiFi radio, but it's not really acceptable for doing visual inspections. I'll wait for the controller to see if that's more precise before determining if this is useful for that scenario or not.
Any chance you could upload a video showing this lag with screen recording set to on? A lag in responsiveness could be from a combination of many things (WiFi interference, poor WiFi antenna positioning, weak WiFi signal at test points... i.e. too far out).

Does any of the documentation Skydio provides give any warnings when flying with the phone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup