Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

UV Filter?

baksideDisasterFlicks

Reaction score
Anyone making UV filter for Skydio 2 yet? I checked Polar Pro and Amazon, just looks like ND filters are available. I really just want extra layer of protection for the camera lens.

I'm using a CPL filter for the same purpose, but even an ND4 filter would offer some protection.

I use the UV4 as lens protection. I don’t have my head around what this thing sees or doesn’t see.

I tried the ND filter set I got from Skydio this weekend.

It gave me an error message that the gimbal was obstructed and I must land. I took the filter off and then had no more errors. The footage shows the gimbal vibrating and not acting right.

Anyone else have this problem? What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited:

It gave me an error message that the gimbal was obstructed and I must land. I took the filter off and then had no more errors. The footage shows the gimbal vibrating and not acting right.

I’m a little late to party on this, but I have the same issue. Bought the polarpro filters and seems OK initially, however as I increase the height, the gimbal goes crooked and I receive the error message and it begins to decent. It then restabilizes and works. No idea how to resolve the issue.

I often use the 8 on sunny days but when I tried the 16 in bright desert sunlight I also got that message. I've found the 8 to be enough for my use.

I often use the 8 on sunny days but when I tried the 16 in bright desert sunlight I also got that message. I've found the 8 to be enough for my use.
Aha, That's useful information. Thanks Ridefreak. I only tried one of the filters. I dont remember which one. I will try a different one next time.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup