Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

V17 error

markd4lyph

Reaction score
My son bought me the Skydio 2 for Christmas and the weather has just become acceptable to test fly. But I cant get the calibration to complete without a V17:camera issue error message. I have a C3 128 GB card in it. As well I notice that the media tab shows the storage attempting to mount forever. It never finishes whatever it’s trying to do. New Years Eve so cant get an answer from skydio.

What brand of sd do you have? Also I would try to format it fresh using a PC. I picked up a san disk extreme 128gb from Amazon as that is the same one Skydio tries selling. That one works great.

What brand of sd do you have? Also I would try to format it fresh using a PC. I picked up a san disk extreme 128gb from Amazon as that is the same one Skydio tries selling. That one works great.

Thanks I will pursue that advice. the card is ONN brand. got it walmart next to the drones.

Thanks I will pursue that advice. the card is ONN brand. got it walmart next to the drones.
Yeah, stick with well known names that actually produce the product they sell, and buy from reputable retailer since there is flood of fake SD cards on the market.

Another user reported this error, V17, and the resolution was Skydio replaced the defective S2 with a new one.

So I bought the San Disk that had a drone on it and all the specs matched Skydio reqs. Then i got a v17 error again. I did factory reset and uninstalled/reinstalled app. I removed data card and blew in the card slot to ensure no debris had obstructed. I got v17 error.
Then i moved over from Samsung S8+ to Ipad pro 3rd gen.
V17 error again.
Then quite by accident i left the app running and connected and shut down the drone by the power button. When I powered it back on the app found the drone, calibrated and said “Ready to fly”. I pressed the fly button and the camera feed appeared on the ipad. I then exited the flight screen before it started spinning up because i was indoors and its night, cold and very windy outside right now.
I then repeated the experiment on the Samsung S8+.
Starting up in the same order produced the same positive result. Then i shut everything down and turned on the drone first and then started up the app just to test if this was a boot issue. The app found the drone and said ready to fly.

Then just for kicks I went back to the ONN brand sd card and repeated the test. V17 error persisted on first try. Then while S8+ Android app was running i shut off drone and restarted with app running. It found the drone and calibrated instantly and said Ready to Fly. The camera feed came up when i hit fly and then a message came on screen saying Not safe to fly in constricted space, which made me happy.

So theres the data. How do you interpret?

Reactions: Sharksfan
So I bought the San Disk that had a drone on it and all the specs matched Skydio reqs. Then i got a v17 error again. I did factory reset and uninstalled/reinstalled app. I removed data card and blew in the card slot to ensure no debris had obstructed. I got v17 error.
Then i moved over from Samsung S8+ to Ipad pro 3rd gen.
V17 error again.
Then quite by accident i left the app running and connected and shut down the drone by the power button. When I powered it back on the app found the drone, calibrated and said “Ready to fly”. I pressed the fly button and the camera feed appeared on the ipad. I then exited the flight screen before it started spinning up because i was indoors and its night, cold and very windy outside right now.
I then repeated the experiment on the Samsung S8+.
Starting up in the same order produced the same positive result. Then i shut everything down and turned on the drone first and then started up the app just to test if this was a boot issue. The app found the drone and said ready to fly.

Then just for kicks I went back to the ONN brand sd card and repeated the test. V17 error persisted on first try. Then while S8+ Android app was running i shut off drone and restarted with app running. It found the drone and calibrated instantly and said Ready to Fly. The camera feed came up when i hit fly and then a message came on screen saying Not safe to fly in constricted space, which made me happy.

So theres the data. How do you interpret?
**** THIS IS THE BEST ANSWER**** worked for me at least. Thank you @markd4lyph for posting! I was encountering the same V17 error after following all instructions perfectly. Looked here on the forum and did as you suggested:
1) left the app running, then
2) shut down the drone and powerd back on. Viola! Simple as that. Connection made.
Hopefully Skydio monitors these boards and can push out a fix as this seems like an initialization thing with two pieces waiting on each other – in technical terms: “no, you go first“ ... “oh no, you were here first, you go“ ... “oh no, I couldn’t, you should just do it first” ... “seriously dude, you deserve this, you go first,” ... yada yada. LOL. Thanks again for the post!

After several helpful communications with Skydio they decided to offer a full replacement. Waiting on that to arrive.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup