Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Video before crash

Zebach

Reaction score
Youtube Video

I was trying to test out the obstacle avoidance amongst the tree’s of Boise Idaho. IT WAS DOING SO GOOD! Until it tried to catch up, hit the SMALLEST branch and shattered into a million pieces. I ordered 2 more just in case! I believe in this thing!

Youtube Video

I was trying to test out the obstacle avoidance amongst the tree’s of Boise Idaho. IT WAS DOING SO GOOD! Until it tried to catch up, hit the SMALLEST branch and shattered into a million pieces. I ordered 2 more just in case! I believe in this thing!
Welcome to the forum

The obstacle avoidance does have limits. It simple can’t “see” small diameter things like leafless small branches, power lines etc. As you said it was doing fine until it hit a branch. But you know that now right. 😀

The other caution I would suggest is to understand the limits of the OA with “moving” objects. It can track moving objects that you designate but while actively tracking it simply ignores a lot of stuff like cars, people etc. and will NOT avoid them.

unfortunate timing; this place is perfect for this drone except you needed to be a little bit higher and wait a little bit longer for the leaves. i saw nothing challenging in that area for this drone. especially since you had the floor. still, i would never trust this skydio drone during fall/winter: tiny branches and thin power wires = crash!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup