Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

want to convert my DVD drive into HDD

Mark C. Gary

Reaction score
Hello
Although not talking about drones, I still want to talk. I am using a pre owned dell inspiron15 laptop, I have removed the 1TB HDD drive and Replaced 120 Sata SSD drive. Now I Want to remove the DVD drive and add the 1TB HDD. How can I do this easily. What type of accessories need to do this? Please suggest some tips.

Hello
Although not talking about drones, I still want to talk. I am using a pre owned dell inspiron15 laptop, I have removed the 1TB HDD drive and Replaced 120 Sata SSD drive. Now I Want to remove the DVD drive and add the 1TB HDD. How can I do this easily. What type of accessories need to do this? Please suggest some tips.
When I first read your title, I was assuming a Mac... this was popular mod in both iMac & MacBook Pro 17".
You might check on Internet, like the Mac, there may be a plastic tray that replaces the DVD drive and provides a mount for the SSD.

Getting a larger HDD into DVD slot may be a physical size challenge. If the DVD is a SATA, then that shouldn't be a challenge, the Firmware should support a 2nd HDD or SDD.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup