Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Waterproof Beacon

Chris7577349

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good way to waterproof the beacon. This phone case is too large and bulky.

Attachments

• E2B0AB26-2E5C-4AA2-8321-A85CB35E4040.jpeg
    E2B0AB26-2E5C-4AA2-8321-A85CB35E4040.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: RadConSuper

drrags

Reaction score
What about those camping dry bags? I used these on my motorcycle. Waterproof and a lanyard to attach to an anchor. Waterproof big time. unnamed-2.jpg
I seem to remember I got a few different sized ones at REI.

Reactions: Mike_Flys

Chris7577349

Reaction score
That’s not bad. I’m trying to find the smallest one available that will fit the beacon without being to large and dangling

scrampker

Reaction score
Idea... you can get one of these cheap waterproof bags, and take a heat gun to it with the Beacon inside. The bag will deform and hug to the chassis/buttons of the Beacon. Just have to be careful with the temps, but the stuff the Beacon is made out of will handle a tremendous amount of heat compared to these cheap bags. Should work wonders. No more dealing with the Beacon slipping around or difficult-to-read screen.

Chris7577349

Reaction score
Idea... you can get one of these cheap waterproof bags, and take a heat gun to it with the Beacon inside. The bag will deform and hug to the chassis/buttons of the Beacon. Just have to be careful with the temps, but the stuff the Beacon is made out of will handle a tremendous amount of heat compared to these cheap bags. Should work wonders. No more dealing with the Beacon slipping around or difficult-to-read screen.
See™ Pouch | Accessories | SealLine solves the problem nicely. Size small

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MauiMikey