Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Wouldn't It Be So Kewl

Deadthomas

Reaction score
If Skydio was gonna release a new consumer drone ....say around spring time ?!? ;)

If Skydio was gonna release a new consumer drone ....say around spring time ?!? ;)
im pretty selfish so i'm going to say i hope not because i don't have room for another drone particularly a skydio-type since the s2+ is good enough for me and i have yet to use it to it's fullest potential. the battery life is good, it misses pretty much all obstacles, and the 2-yr warranty is still viable.

launching the s3 is only going to cost me more money as i am interested in other drones at the moment (i.e. fpv). unless the battery life is double, the oa is 99.9%, the 6k camera is 1", and the package comes with a smart-controller with "enterprise-like" software all for under $1,500...i normally buy immediately but i would probably wait this summer out. something tells me a gently used but loaded s2+ won't fetch more than $1000 so i really need to get out and use the s2+ more.

Reactions: Ridefreak
I just get the feeling it's about time for them to drop a consumer drone .... I don't expect DJI to release anything major in the consumer arena. It would be a great time for Skydio to gain market share. And I think it's time to upgrade the sensor.

It is about time for a full refresh. It'd have to be quite an improvement for me to want to buy another since the one I have does what I need pretty well.

I'd want to see a longer flight time (35min would be ok), a top speed of about 40 mph when nothing is picked up by the OA, a beacon I can read the battery level at a quick glance, and no disconnects. That'd get my wallet out.

The thing that would make me pop for a new S-x would be an improved camera with better resolution.

Reactions: BlueHeeler
Smaller form factor and more reliable connection would get me in a heartbeat. It's been quite a while since Skydio 2 has been out. Been hoping for a while they got something up their sleeves.

Reactions: Ridefreak
I checked into the Skydio Website this morning to look up information in the Support Pages and usually check out the prices on accessories as well to look for " Sales " . I noticed all of the Kits were Out of Stock including the Starter Kit.
The last time I saw this was after the lowered prices on the Skydio2 right before the Skydio2+ was released.

Interesting.............................

I checked into the Skydio Website this morning to look up information in the Support Pages and usually check out the prices on accessories as well to look for " Sales " . I noticed all of the Kits were Out of Stock including the Starter Kit.
The last time I saw this was after the lowered prices on the Skydio2 right before the Skydio2+ was released.

good looking out! hopefully it's sign of good things to come. :)

Reactions: anthonydotcom

Also a little annoying. Wanting to buy new batteries for an upcoming project, I saw they were out of stock also,

My wants. Stable connectivity and extend the range quite a bit. New RC similar to DJI's RC with a display, meaning no phone needed. Better camera because why not. More flight time would also be nice.

Overall I want it to be less glitchy. It's the only drone I own where I feel like the **** thing has a mind of its own and is going to just take off. When it disconnects from the phone or beacon it should just hover in place. Instead the **** thing just wanders off like a crazy person. I have a love/hate relationship with this quad. Everything about it sucks compared to any drone on the market, except for its tracking ability. I'm fortunate enough to be able to own more than one quad, but Skydio needs to realize most people can't. I don't expect it to be the best at everything else, but at least make it look like you're trying to compete in the other arenas.

All of that being said, nothing still comes close to Skydio's tracking, and it's my first choice when I'm tracking while off roading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup