X2 pricing ...YUP NOT CHEAP :)

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
Directly off of the GSA advantage website

Attachments

• x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 215
It's a complete aerial camera/surveillance/inspection... package targeted at business, government and military customers, so this kind of price is kind of expected.

Parrot's ANAFI USA sells for $7000, Skydio's offering is bargain in comparison, IMO.

Cheers.

It's a complete aerial camera/surveillance/inspection... package targeted at business, government and military customers, so this kind of price is kind of expected.

Parrot's ANAFI USA sells for $7000, Skydio's offering is bargain in comparison, IMO.

Cheers.
And good chance you'll get actually advertised range ?

• Haha
Reactions: loyukfai
And good chance you'll get actually advertised range ?
Am not one of their target customer so I'm probably never gonna find out myself.

Look forward to Skydio 3. If they just so happen to put an even better and larger camera sensor on top of what the X2 has to offer, it'd be an almost perfect drone for me.

Cheers.

I guess I won't be buying one of those :)

I hope some of that tech comes over to the S3, I just looked at the page the X2, pretty impressive

Last edited:
Directly off of the GSA advantage website
Any clues on what the pricing will be for the X2E? The remotes are obviously different between the D and E. Also, anything with 'Defense' or 'Rescue' on it have an automatic 300% mark-up from the same item that didn't have that wording in the description (and wasn't painted black or hi-viz yellow). $5,000 remote sure is pricey...

I would appreciate if someone would let me know on X2E pricing and SDK access pricing as well. I guess that even S2 can do way more if you purchase access to an SDK

Skydio will not respond to individuals or small/medium sized business regarding X2E. They are laser focused on landing military, law enforcement, and large scale enterprise programs (think 10+ drones). And, their pricing reflects it - if you want X2, battery, and Controller - you're looking at a minimum of $20k per unit- because you also have to pay for software. I've reached out to Skydio more than 10 times and they never respond to any of my inquiries regarding a purchase of one X2E unit. I get they want to focus on big contracts, but not even receiving an acknowledgment is less than poor service. Perhaps it costs too much money to send out an automated response acknowledging receipt of question and that they don't sell X2 to small businesses.

The S2 has the hardware needed for automated mapping applications, like house scan, bridge inspection, etc. You just need to purchase Enterprise Skills subscription to turn on that feature set - and based on GSA.gov, which normally have the lowest negotiated prices - it's gonna cost $2k/yr.

If automating inspections means more consistency and higher quality reports, then you could imagine picking up additional projects - and doing more, quicker because of the automation. In that case, the $2k/yr will more than pay for itself. This is where Skydio 2 will beat DJI, Autel, & Anafi.

I tried out the Anafi USA last week - and I cannot justify paying $7k for it - for many reasons. The 32x digital zoom has a wow factor that wears off after a couple of use cases - it's better to be up close and get a higher quality image than a blurry digitized zoomed image.

Biggest problem with Anafi USA is lack of a stable connection - just 100ft away from where I normally fly. DJI Ocusync 2.0 works great up to 1 mile. It's worth mentioning I'm surrounded by 3 cell towers within a 2 mi radius - and a regional airport is 4 mi away - and in a residential neighborhood with every house running wifi.

And the controller is simply garbage - too bad Skydio 2 borrowed parrot's controller, but at least Skydio 2 doesn't really need a controller because of its AI.

Lastly, it's important to keep in mind that Skydio is having trouble keeping up with S2 orders and X2 orders. Current lead time to get your hands on a new S2 is 6-9mo - realistically speaking. Given the high demand and low supply, it makes no business sense for Skydio to release S3 anytime soon. In my opinion, the S3 is at least 2 years out - 2023.

Think of Skydio as you would Tesla - both are software companies. The S2 has all the hardware you need now and in the future - it's got future proof tech/processors. They will introduce new improvements and functionalities through software updates over time.

And if you want more, like Enterprise Skills - the Tesla equivalent to Autopilot and Higher battery range - you can pay more for the software to unlock the full potential of your drone. It's a good business model from a company's perspective - one supply chain to keep costs low, quality high, and simply push out software.

With Tesla just announcing its move from CA to TX, maybe Skydio will follow suit.... :)

$10k is that with a dual thermal lens? I’d so, that’s around the price of the evo2 dual.

‘’also what’s the difference between the 2.4ghz and 1.8ghz versions? They seem to cost the same.

$10k is that with a dual thermal lens? I’d so, that’s around the price of the evo2 dual.

‘’also what’s the difference between the 2.4ghz and 1.8ghz versions? They seem to cost the same.
1.8ghz is a military only spectrum. Can't be used by civilians. $10K for the drone only - no battery, no accessories and the Skydio thermal cam is 320x156 @ 9hz, Evo Dual is twice that, 640 @ 30hz (realtime footage) - and Evo Dual comes with a full kit w/ extra battery, case, controller, and accessories for the 10k price.

So, if you want to compare apples to apples, you have to fork up $20k to get the similar accessories as the Evo Dual comes with at its $10k price point.

Also worth mentioning, anybody can buy the Autel Evo Dual if they're willing to pay for it. If you want to buy X2, you must be military or part of a large company building out a UAS program - requiring purchase of many drones. Skydio will not sell individual drones small/med business or hobbyists.

Last edited:
Reactions: drrags
1.8ghz is a military only spectrum. Can't be used by civilians. $10K for the drone only - no battery, no accessories and the Skydio thermal cam is 320x156 @ 9hz, Evo Dual is twice that, 640 @ 30hz (realtime footage) - and Evo Dual comes with a full kit w/ extra battery, case, controller, and accessories for the 10k price.

So, if you want to compare apples to apples, you have to fork up $20k to get the similar accessories as the Evo Dual comes with at its $10k price point.

Also worth mentioning, anybody can buy the Autel Evo Dual if they're willing to pay for it. If you want to buy X2, you must be military or part of a large company building out a UAS program - requiring purchase of many drones. Skydio will not sell individual drones small/med business or hobbyists.

Yea, it's a shame. They seem to be missing out on some obvious demand. Then again, it's their company.

Haaaahahaha you wish ?

Haaaahahaha you wish ?

Wish what? That they cost the same?

That's what your image in the initial post shows $10,181.64 for the 2.4GHz and 10,666.53 for the 1.8GHz versions (484.89 difference isnt that much considering the crazy high prices to start with).

They might have dodged some tech problems by installing wi-fi 6. Its a simple chip exchange.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup