Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

YouTube of my Skydio 2 crash!

That sucks, sorry to see that happen.

Agree with RF, major bummer!

I've not yet tried to have S2 follow me on my bike, but that could happen to any of us unless we know an area very well or if minimum flight level (height floor) is engaged at a level higher than any foliage/sticks.

So the question is, how reliably does S2 stay at minimum flight level above ground when the terrain undulates? Did you have this set? That stick seemed like it was about 7' tall, the default height floor is 8' per what I've seen. Unfortunately it looks like we cant chnge the floor setting...seems like a shortcoming to me.

Last edited:
Agree with RF, major bummer!

I've not yet tried to have S2 follow me on my bike, but that could happen to any of us unless we know an area very well or if minimum flight level (height floor) is engaged at a level higher than any foliage/sticks.

So the question is, how reliably does S2 stay at minimum flight level above ground when the terrain undulates? Did you have this set? That stick seemed like it was about 7' tall, the default height floor is 8' per what I've seen. Unfortunately it looks like we cant chnge the floor setting...seems like a shortcoming to me.
The S2 doesn't crash into stuff it can see, if its going slow it sees pretty much everything, bare thin branches and wires can be the exception. The faster it goes the less effective it is at seeing small thin obstacles but it sees the terrain and ground fine. In the OPs vid it hit the an narrow vertical stalk of a cactus, it was going fast and that narrow stalk was sticking straight up (like a SD2 killer) in the middle of relatively open terrain, at that speed it didn't see it until it was too late. I've crashed mine the same way, our sand is more forgiving. In that kind of terrain (open/faster) I keep the height floor turned on, it reduces the obstacles the SD2 has to process and its very smooth over the ones it does have to contend with.

Last edited:
There is something in the video, very small but I caught a glimpse of it. It hit something!

Ouch, that sucks Carbon Racing. Did you have height floor turned on or was it off?

My Skydio 2 Crash in Lake Havasu, Az

I feel for you man.

My Skydio crashed too, but mine was in the snow so it wasn't damaged.

The one thing that was common between our crashes is that we both hit twigs either late or early in the day when the shadows grow long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup