Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

2 sd cards slots

anzacjack

Reaction score
I cant seem reference in any of the manuals or online to the second sd card slot

Is it just a way for more memory or do they have different purposes

Cheers
9BD6D7F2-9F91-45F4-B5E5-E716BC0ED7AF.jpeg

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
It's because you have the Enterprise Kit - the one with the cog is not in the normal S2+

From the Sphere Drones website:
  • One (1) 256GB Logging SD card for future onboard software capabilities

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
They (SD2) all have 2 slots, the second isn't used in the non commercial version and is covered with a manufacturer installed tape. I haven't looked at that area on the "+" version but I suspect it's the same.

You can see both in this picture.
PXL_20210627_194838590-L.jpg

When we were testing these the second sd slot was was populated with an card used to store flight data on the non-enterprise drones. I"ve not heard of the second card slot being used for anything else on the consumer version though.

The second SD slot is on the 2+, too. Top of the 2nd slot is visible, and I believe you can feel the cog through the tape. Are there any other physical differences for consumer and enterprise birds?

The second SD slot is on the 2+, too. Top of the 2nd slot is visible, and I believe you can feel the cog through the tape. Are there any other physical differences for consumer and enterprise birds?
Nope, physically they are identical including the sensor and 6 vision sensors. They are really trying to sell the 3D Scan from my knowledge, which means buy the “enterprise software” (+$3500) and on top of that you have to buy the 3D Scan software at $3000/yr per drone, and to take that data to a third party and pay more to have it stitched. I’ve flown about 250 X2 flights with the enterprise software, and I’ve flown about the same with the 2+ (no enterprise software). There is absolutely zero difference in the physical flight profile, obstacle avoidance, or tracking features. I’m as confused as anyone but like every decision in the world, it’s something to do with money.

Reactions: fjschuler

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup