Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

3-D Scan is MORE Expensive than anyone is Reporting !

richinAZ

Reaction score
i did a deep dive in the Skydio Enterprise Manual at Skydio.com and it is REQUIRED to have the $1500 AEF software to use the $3000 3-D scan. That means $4500 per Drone per year...SMH......Screen grabs below. Also, a 2nd SD card is employed in a hidden SD slot used for Flight Logs for 3-D Scan. A pic is included from the 3-D scan manual from the same Skydio website. Also shown is How to get into 3-D scan. Software is Required and Drone is Reset.

Attachments

• (2) SD cards !.jpg
    (2) SD cards !.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 3-D scan Mode Switching.png
    3-D scan Mode Switching.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Sw req'd..jpg
    Sw req'd..jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Thanks for the post.... This shows that they are serious about trying to sell the S2 for enterprise operations. It gives me hope that the S2 will continue to be supported and that us at the consumer level may benefit on the coattails of industry.

I like most Skydio owners have a laundry list of fixes and improvements I would like to see in the software. We can hope that some of them will be met.

Thanks for the research. Wow they have a hidden 2nd SD slot.
I wanted to demo 3D scan but the sales rep told me there was not a trial. I guess you gotta play to even try.

Thanks for the research. Wow they have a hidden 2nd SD slot.
I wanted to demo 3D scan but the sales rep told me there was not a trial. I guess you gotta play to even try.
That slot used to be open in early 2019 units.
It's how I became aware of it.

I figured I was late to the game. I applied for early access a couple of weeks before 3D scan officially launched.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup